The theory of cycles as an objective form of development of the world economy (national economy) is studied. The phases of the economic cycle are named: recovery, prosperity, recession, depression. It is recognized that today the whole world is isolated due to the COVID-19 virus infection and all countries are experiencing an economic crisis. In these circumstances, it is important to explore ways out of this crisis and prevent the collapse of the economic system as a whole. The purpose of this article is to determine the theoretical and institutional causes of economic cycles to predict the crises that arise, and to find ways to mitigate their negative consequences. The theory of economic cycles and stages of their passage is generalized; conducted an analysis of Ukraine’s economy before and during the crisis of 2019-2020. The application of the historical method allowed to use experience, generalize and systematize the development of economic theory and use the collected and systematized data to identify cause-and-effect relationships and predict the future dynamics of Ukraine’s economy.
- Baranovsky O.I. Financial crises: preconditions, consequences and ways of prevention: Monograph / О.І. Baranovsky. - Kyiv: Kyiv. nat. trade and economy University, 2009.
- Large cycles of M. Kondratiev in the West. URL: http://repository.hneu.edu.ua/bitstream
- Galchinsky A.S. Crisis and cycles of world development / Galchinsky A.S. - К .: АДЕФ-Україна, 2009. - 392 с.
- Kushlin V. Factors of the economic crisis and the basis for overcoming it // Economist. 2009. № 3. S. 9.
- Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. Official web portal. URL: https://index.minfin.com.ua/en/economy/gdp/
- Olefir V.K. Economic cycles and crises: history and modernity // Actual problems of economy. - №10 (148), 2013. - P. 23-35.
- Features of economic crises of the 20th century. URL: https://studfile.net/preview/9334989/page:20/
- Panasiuk I.V. Trends in the world economy in a pandemic caused by the virus COVID-19 // Economic Studies. Scientific and practical journal. 3 (29) - 2020. Lviv, 2020. S. 61-65
- Plotnikov V.O. Global problems of socio-economic development and neutralization of risks of economic security during the economic crisis // Economics and Management. - 2014 - № 3.6. - P. 12-16.
- Poverty level of Ukraine. URL: https://thepage.ua/en/news/riven-bidnosti-v-ukrayini
- Average cycles and their phases. URL: https://pidruchniki.com / 1753060739985 / politekonomiya / klasifikatsiya_ekonomichnih_tsikliv_trivalistyu_harakteristika_sere dni_tsikli_fazi
- Characteristics of the economic cycle and its phases. URL: https://otherreferats.allbest.ru/economy/00133923_0.html
- Zhavoronkova G., Skoda T. Human capital management problems in Ukraine in crisis period // Krysys finansowy: przebieg i skutki społeczno-gospodarcze w Europie Srodkowej i Wschodniej / Pod redakcja Ŝlawomira Partyckiego. – T. 2. – Lublin: Wydawnictwo KUL, 2012. – P. 733-740.