Modern copper electrolyte holes for multi-layer printed curcuit boards
- 1 Department of Innovative Materials and Corrosion Protection – Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology Moscow, Russian Federation
This work is devoted to the study of the stage of galvanic copper plating of through-holes in multilayer printed circuit boards. Hole plating is one of the most difficult stages and requires high-tech electrolytes and equipment. The present study was carried out within the framework of the development of a domestic electrolyte for copper plating of PCB holes and is devoted to the study of the effect of the nature and concentration of brightening additives on the gloss of a copper coating.
- ) Medvedev A. M. Manufacturing technology of printed circuit boards. Moscow: Technosphere, 2005. 360 p.
- ) GOST R 55693-2013 Rigid printed circuit boards. Technical requirements. Moscow, 2014. 62 p. (Standardinform).
- ) Abrashov A. A., Grigoryan N. S., Vagramyan T. A., Smirnov K. N. Methods for control and testing of electrochemical and conversion coatings: tutorial. Moscow: Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia, 2016. 212 p.
- ) Brusnitsyna L. A., Stepanovskikh E. I. Printed circuit boards manufacturing technology: tutorial. Yekaterinburg: Ural University Publishing House, 2015. 200 p.
- ) Method of electroplating uniform copper layer on the edge and walls of though holes of a substrate: pat. EP 2465976 A1. Germany. EP 2465976; declar. 13.12.2011; publish. 20.06.2012. 18 p.
- ) Aqueous copper plating baths and a method for deposition of copper or copper alloy onto a substrate: pat. WO 2017/037040 Al. Germany. WO 2017/037040 Al; declar. 31.08.2015; publish. 9.03.2017. 45 p.
- ) Electrolytic copper plating bath composition and a method for their use: pat. WO 2016/169952 Al. Germany. WO 2016/169952; declar. 20.04.2016; publish. 27.10.2016. 48 p.
- ) Acidic aqueous composition for electrolytic copper plating: pat. WO 2018/033461 Al. Germany. WO 2018/033461; declar. 10.08.2017; publish. 22.02.2018. 65 p.
- ) Igor Volov, Alan C. West. Interaction between SPS and MPS in the Presence of Ferrous and Ferric Ions // Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2011. Vol. 158. Issue 7. P. 456-461.
- ) Minjie Ning, Wei He, Xianzhong Tang, Zhihua Tao and al. Research on the Effect of Inorganic Components on Brightener in Horizontal Pulse Plating Solution by Cyclic Voltammetric Stripping Method // Conference Microsystems, Packaging, Assembly and Circuits Technology (IMPACT), 2012 7th International, Taipei, Taiwan, 26 October 2012, P. 333-336.
- ) Tzu-Chi Chen, Yao-Lin Tsay, Chia-Fu Hsu, Wei-Ping Dow and al. Effects of Brighteners in a Copper Plating Bath on Throwing Power and Thermal Reliability of Plated Through Holes // Electrochimica Acta, 2016. Vol. 212. P. 572-582.