The Formula Student competition is the most challenging, complex, and attractive student engineering competition in the world. Students from universities around the world compete to build better vehicles. The competition consists of several different disciplines, which are divided into two groups. The first group consists of static disciplines, where students who are members of the team defend the vehicle project in front of eminent experts from the world of the automotive industry and auto-moto sports. The second group is the group of dynamic disciplines, which is made up of several disciplines related to the analysis of vehicle behavior in real conditions. One of the main challenges facing the team members is designing the vehicle’s propulsion system. At competitions in the IC engine class, power units from a certain class of motorcycles are most often used. The main limitation related to the power unit is that all intake air must pass through a 20 mm diameter. One of the solutions to the mentioned problem is the use of a convergent-divergent nozzle with a throat diameter of 20 mm. In this paper, the influence of the convergent part of the nozzle on the airflow through the nozzle itself was examined. Models were created for several restrictors and they were tested by CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent software
- Xinyi, Z., & Wei, S. (2022, May). Analysis of FSC Supercharged Engine Intake Front End. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 2235, No. 1, p. 012100). IOP Publishing.
- Zheng, X., & Jiang, T. (2022, November). Design and analysis of air intake system based on formula student racing car. In 6th International Conference on Mechatronics and Intelligent Robotics (ICMIR2022) (Vol. 12301, pp. 99-109). SPIE.
- Pranoto, S., Lenggana, B. W., Budiana, E. P., & Wijayanta, A. T. (2022). Fluid Flow Analysis at Single and Dual Plenum Intake Manifolds to Reduce Pressure Drops Using Computational Approach. Journal of Advanced Research in Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, 97(1), 1-12.
- Shah, S. S., Singh, K., Martin, L. J., & Jerome Stanley, M. (2022). Design, Development, and Validation of an Intake System for an FSAE Racecar. In Energy and Exergy for Sustainable and Clean Environment, Volume 2 (pp. 401-413). Singapore: Springer Nature Singapore.
- Vaz, J., Machado, A. R., Martinuzzi, R. K., & Martins, M. E. (2017). Design and Manufacture of a Formula SAE Variable Intake Manifold (No. 2017-36-0181).
- Dunn, C. J., Enriquez, L. G., Godinez, J., Moore, M. T., Wang, X., & Zhou, C. (2019, November). Numerical and Experimental Study of an FSAE Intake Manifold. In ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (Vol. 59445, p. V007T08A062). American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- AbdelGawad, A. F. Design and Study of Flow Characteristics for a Formula SAE Intake Manifold.
- Prasetyo, B. D., Ubaidillah, Maharani, E. T., Setyohandoko, G., & Idris, M. I. (2018, February). Computational studies of an intake manifold for restricted engine application. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1931, No. 1, p. 030035). AIP Publishing LLC.
- Sayyed, A. (2017). Air Flow Optimization through an Intake system for a Single Cylinder Formula Student (FSAE) Race Car. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, 6(1), 183-188.
- Patel, M. D., Valji, M. K., Dabb, M. A., Sangtani, M. A., & Abitkar, M. S. (2019). Design of Integrated Intake Manifold for Formula Race Car.
- Mike, Narvigia. (2014). Performance Exhaust Systems: How to Design, Fabricate, and Install. CarTech, ISBN 978-1-61325-207- 9
- Formula Student Rules. (2022). SAE
- Lučić, M. (2022). Kinematic analysis of the slider-crank mechanism of an internal combustion (IC) engine using modern software. Mechanization in agriculture & Conserving of the resources, 68(1), 11-17.
- Khaliullin, F., Pikmullin, G., Nurmiev, A., & Lushnov, M. (2021). Estimation of design parameters of the crank-connecting rod mechanism of engines for mobile agricultural machines. In BIO Web of Conferences (Vol. 37, p. 00076). EDP Sciences
- Nigus, H. (2015). Kinematics and load formulation of engine crank mechanism. Mechanics, Materials Science & Engineering Journal.
- Mohammad, R., Mansour, R., Abdol, H. H., Kamran, K., & Mohammad, R. A. (2011). Kinematics and kinetic analysis of the slider-crank mechanism in otto linear four cylinder Z24 engine. Journal of mechanical engineering research, 3(3), 85-95.
- Kukuča, P., Barta, D., Dižo, J., & Caban, J. (2018). Piston kinematics of a combustion engine with unconventional crank mechanism. In MATEC Web of Conferences (Vol. 244, p. 03006). EDP Sciences.