The paper is devoted to a mathematical model of land-use change proposed by Dobson et. al. We formulate and investigate some quantitative properties of the corresponding Cauchy problem. We construct a numerical algorithm for approximate solution of the problem and present some of the numerical results. Their meaning is explained and discussed.
- Roser M., Ortiz-Ospina E. (2018) - "World Population Growth". Published online at OurWorldInData.org. Retrieved from: 'https://ourworldindata.org/worldpopulation-growth'
- Koomen E, Stilwell J., Bakema A., Scholten H. (eds.). Modelling Land-Use Change. Springer, 2007.
- Malthus T. (1798) Essay on the principle of population (reprinted Macmillan, London, 1926)
- Darwin, Ch (1859) On the origin of species, J. Murray, London.
- Pearl R. (1928) The rate of living. Knopf, New York.
- Lotka, A.J. (1925) Elements of Physical Biology, Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia.
- Volterra, V (1926) Variations and fluctuations of the numbers of individuals in animal species living together. Reprinted 1931 in R.N. Chapman, Animal Ecology, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Dobson A., Bradshaw A., Baker A. (1997) Hopes for the future: Restoration ecology and conservation biology. Science 277: 515-521.
- Shampine, L, Reichelt, M (1997): The Matlab ODE suite. SIAM J. Sci. Comput. 18: 1–22.