The strength of a sufficiently long thick-walled homogeneous isotropic circular tube (cylinder) under the action of external forces is studied using the problems of elasticity statics. In particular, there are established the minimum thickness of pipes with different materials and with different diameters, for which do not exceed the permissible stresses values. Cylinder is in state of plane deformation, therefore are considered a two-dimensional boundary value problems for circular ring. Represented tables and graphs of minimum thickness of a circular ring when a) the normal constant stresses act at internal border, while the outer boundary is free of stresses and b) the normal constant stresses act at external border, while the inner boundary is free of stresses. To the numerical realization above mentioned problems are used solutions obtained by two means: the analytical solution obtained by method of separation of variables, and Lame’s solution.
- Bagheri, A., D. Taghizadeh, H. Darijani. On the behavior of rotating thick-walleded cylinders made of hyperelastic materials – Meccanica, 51(3), 2016, 973-692
- CHEN Changfu, XIAO Shujun, YANG Yu. Unified solution of limit loads of thick wall cylinder subject to external pressure considering strain softening - Front. Archit. Civ. Eng. China, 1(3), 2007, 329–333
- Rakesh Reghunath, Sammon Korah. Analysis of Internally Pressurized Thick Walled Cylinders - Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research, 1(2), 2014, 88-93
- Sanjeev Sharma, Sanehlata Yadav, Richa Sharma. Creep torsion in thick-walleded circular cylinder under internal and external pressure - Structural Integrity and Life, 18(2), 2018, 89-97
- Muskhelishvili, N.I. Some basic problems of the mathematical theory of elasticity, Groningen, Noordhoff, 1953
- Khomasuridze, N. Thermoelastic equilibrium of bodies in generalized cylindrical coordinates - Georgian Math. J. 5, 1998, 521–544
- Khomasuridze, N, and Zirakashvili, N. Strain control of cracked elastic bodies by means of boundary condition variation. In: Proceedings of International Conference ‘‘Architecture and Construction – Contemporary Problems’’, 30 September–3 October 2010, Yerevan, Jermuk, 158–163 (in Russian)
- Zirakashvili, N. Application of the boundary element method to the solution of the problem of distribution of stresses in an elastic body with a circular hole whose interior surface contains radial cracks – Proc. A. Razmadze Math. Inst. 141, 2006, 139–147
- Tang, R, and Wang, Y. On the problem of crack system with an elliptic hole - Acta Mech. Sin. 2(1), 1986, 47–53
- Zirakashvili, N. Some boundary value problems of elasticity for semi-ellipses – Proc. I. Vekua Inst. Appl. Math. 52,2002, 49–55
- Shestopalov, Y. and Kotik, N. Approximate decomposition for the solution of boundary value problems for elliptic systems arising in mathematical models of layered structures. In: Progress in Electromagnetic Research Symposium, Cambridge, MA, 26–29 March 2006, 514–518.
- Zirakashvili, N. The numerical solution of boundary value problems for an elastic body with an elliptic hole and linear cracks – J. Eng. Math. 65(2), 2009, 111–123
- Zirakashvili, N. Study of deflected mode of ellipse and ellipse weakened with crack - ZAMM 97(8), 2017, 932- 945. DOI: 10.1002/zamm.201600124
- Zirakashvili, N. Analytical solutions of some internal boundary value problems of elasticity for domains with hyperbolic boundaries - Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids 2018, 1-23. DOI: 10.1177/1081286518805269
- Zirakashvili N. Analytical solution of interior boundary value problems of elasticity for the domain bounded by the parabola - Bulletin of TICMI, 20 (1), 2016, 3-24
- Zirakashvili N. Exact solution of some exterior boundary value problems of elasticity in parabolic coordinates - Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, 23(6), 2018, 929– 943
- Jeffery, G.B. Planes tress and planes train in bipolar coordinates – Trans. R. Soc. Lon. 221, 1921, 265–293
- Ufland, Ya. S. Bipolar Coordinates in Elasticity. Gostehteoretizdat, Moscow-Leningrad, 1950 (in Russian).
- Khomasuridze, N. Solution of some elasticity boundary value problems in bipolar coordinates - Acta Mech. 189, 2007, 207–224
- Khomasuridze, N. Representation of solutions of some boundary value problems of elasticity by a sum of the solutions of other boundary value problems - Georgian Mathematical Journal, 10(2), 2005, 257-270
- Nowacki, W, Elasicity Theory. Mir, Moscow, 1975 (in Russian)
- Feodoseev, V. I. Strength of materials. Nauka, Moscow, 1972 (in Russian)
- Shpiro, G. S., Darkov A. V. Strength of materials. Vishaia shkola, Moskow, 1989 (in Russian)