A system of two-phase particles (Fe3O4 – Fe3-xTixO4) has been obtained using the sol-gel method followed by hydrothermal treatment. It is shown that the synthesis conditions favor forming composites that contain titanomagnetite in very low concentration. A theoretical analysis of the magnetic properties of system was performed using the model of clusters consisting of magnetostatically interacting particles. The theoretical value of the saturation magnetization and the experimental values of the coercive force can be explained by the presence of two different magnetic phases.
- Giakisikli G. and Anthemidis A. Magnetic materials as sorbents for metal/metalloid preconcentration and separation. A review. Analytica Chimica Acta, Vol. 789, 2013, pp. 1–16.
- Sadighian S., Rostamizadeh K. [et al]. Doxorubicinconjugated core–shell magnetite nanoparticles as dual-targeting carriers for anticancer drug delivery. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces, Vol. 117, 2014, pp. 406–413.
- Ding Q, Liu D. [et al]. Shape-controlled fabrication of magnetite silver hybrid nanoparticles with high performance magnetic hyperthermia. Biomaterials, Vol. 124, 2017, pp. 35–46.
- Maher, B. A., & Thompson, R. Quaternary climates, environments and magnetism. Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Liu, Q., Roberts, A. P. [et al]. Environmental magnetism: Principles and applications. Rev. Geophys., Vol. 50, 2012, P. RG4002.
- Ralin A. Yu. and Kharitonskii P. V. Magnetic metastability of small inhomogeneous ferrimagnetic particles. Physics of metals and metal science, Vol. 78, 1994, pp. 38–43.
- Ralin A. Yu. and Kharitonskii P. V. Features of the domain structure of small two-phase chemically inhomogeneous particles. Physics of metals and metal science, Vol. 102, 2006, pp. 133–138.
- Kharitonskii P., Rudnev V. [et al]. Peculiarities of Magnetic States of Iron-Cobalt Coatings Formed on Aluminum by Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation. Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, Vol. 31, 2018, pp. 1933–1940.
- Afremov L. L., Ralin A. Yu. [et al]. Features of the magnetization curves of an ensemble of chemically inhomogeneous two-phase grains. Physics of the solid Earth, Vol. 6, 1995, pp. 80–84.
- Shcherbakov V.P. On the distribution function of molecular fields in systems with randomly distributed interaction centers. Physics of metals and metal science, Vol. 48, 1979, pp. 1134-1137.
- Kharitonskii P. Kamzin A. [et al]. Magnetic granulometry and Mössbauer spectroscopy of FemOn–SiO2 colloidal nanoparticles. JMMM, Vol. 461, 2018, pp. 30–36.
- Bogachev Yu. V., Gareev K. G. [et al]. Study of magnetite nanoparticle suspensions by photometry and NMR relaxometry. Physics of the Solid State, Vol. 55, 2013, pp. 2431–2435.
- Day R., Fuller M. [et al]. Hysteresis properties of titanomagnetites: grain-size and compositional dependence. Physics of the Earth and planetary interiors, Vol. 13, 1977, pp. 260-267.
- Kirschvink J.L., Jones D.S., MacFadden B.J. Magnetite Biomineralization and Magnetoreception in Organisms. A New Biomagnetism, N.-Y.: Plenum Press, 1985.
- Ajitkumar J., Lin-Sien H. and Lum, Stanley D. NIST Recommended Practice Guide: Particle Size Characterization. Washington.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 2001.