MATHEMATICAL MODELLING OF TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESSES AND SYSTEMS
MODELING THE NUMBER OF ERRORS THAT THE CODE SURELY DETECTS
- 1 Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, "Ss. Cyril and Methodius" University, Skopje, R. N. Macedonia
The codes for error control (error-detecting and error-correcting codes) are extremely important part of the communication systems and storage devices, ensuring reliable data transmission and storage. In this paper using simulations, we analyze an error-detecting code. More specifically, we will be focused on the error-detecting capability of the code. Namely, using simulations we will obtain the number of errors that the code detects for sure, as an important parameter of every error-detecting code.
- Ziemer R. E., Tranter W. H., “Principles of communication: systems, modulation, and noise,” Wiley, 2014.
- Bossert M., “Channel Coding for Telecommunications,” Wiley, 1999.
- Fenwick P., “Checksums and Error Control,” Introduction to Computer Data Representation, Bentham Science Publishers, 2014.
- Verhoeff, J., “Error Detecting Decimal Codes (Tract 29),” The Mathematical Centre, Amsterdam, 1969.
- Peterson W. W., Brown D. T., "Cyclic Codes for Error Detection," Proceedings of the IRE. 49 (1), 1961, pp. 228–235.
- Koopman P., "32-Bit Cyclic Redundancy Codes for Internet Applications," Proceedings of The International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, 2002, pp. 459–468.
- Bakeva V., Ilievska N., “A probabilistic model of error-detecting codes based on quasigroups”, Quasigroups and Related Systems, vol. 17, 2009, pp. 135-148.
- Ilievska N., “Proving the probability of undetected errors for an error-detecting code based on quasigroups,” Quasigroups and Related Systems, vol. 22, 2014, pp. 223 – 246.
- Ilievska N., Gligoroski D., “Simulation of some new models of error-detecting codes,” Proceedings of the 22nd Telecommunications Forum Telfor, Belgrade, Serbia, pp. 395-398, 2014.
- Klove T., “Codes for Error Detection,” World Scientific, 2007.