MATHEMATICAL MODELLING OF MEDICAL-BIOLOGICAL PROCESSES AND SYSTEMS
Mathematical modeling of the efficiency of a defibrilling biphase rectangular signal of different duration
- 1 South Federal University, Engineering and Technology Academy, Institute of nanotechnologies, electronics and instrumentation, Taganrog, Russia
According to numerous studies, 76% of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) are conditionally preventable, because occur due to ventricular fibrillation (VF) [1-3]. Immediate electrical impulse therapy (EIT) by external defibrillation is the main treatment for this type of arrhythmia [3-5]. Earlier, a comparative study of modern forms of impulses made it possible to reveal the concept of the development of this field of science . The analysis of the literature and the results of recent developments made it possible to determine the main parameters of the pulse for the individual selection of the characteristics of the transthoracic defibrillation signal. Representation of the average current (I) and charge (Q) in the form of a certain function I (t) is the optimal way to dose the defibrillation pulse .
- Ringh M, Herlitz J, Hollenberg J, Rosenqvist M, Svensson L. Out of hospital cardiac arrest outside home in Sweden, change in characteristics, outcome and availability for public access defibrillation. Scandinavian journal of trauma, resuscitation and emergency medicine 2009; 17: 18.
- Hulleman M, Berdowski J, de Groot JR, et al. Implantable cardioverter defibrillators have reduced the incidence of resuscitation for out of hospital cardiac arrest caused by lethal arrhythmias. Circulation 2012; 126: 815–21.
- Blom MT, Beesems SG, Homma PC, et al. Improved survival after outofhospital car diac arrest and use of automated external defibrillators. Circulation 2014; 130: 1868–75.
- Weisfeldt ML, Sitlani CM, Ornato JP, et al. Survival after application of automatic external defibrillators before arrival of the emergency medical system: evaluation in the resuscitation outcomes consortium population of 21 million. J Am Coll Cardiol 2010; 55: 1713–20.
- Berdowski J, Blom MT, Bardai A, Tan HL, Tijssen JG, Koster RW. Impact of onsite or dis patched automated external defibrillator use on survival after out_of_hospital cardiac arrest. Circulation 2011; 124: 2225– 32.
- Nikolay N. Chernov, Aleksandr A. Bezverkhii, Vladimir I. Timoshenko. Evaluation of general repolarization of cardiomyocites with biphasic pulses of different shapes. Cardiometry; Issue 16; May 2020; р.80- 84; DOI: 10.12710/cardiometry.2020.16.8084; WOS:000539041400010;
- Nikolay N. Chernov, Oksana I. Korotkova, Aleksandr A. Bezverkhii. Systematic design of optimized pulse shape for transthoracic defibrillation. Cardiometry; Issue 17; November 2020; p.34-38; DOI: 10.12710/cardiometry.2020.17.3438;
- L. Lapicque, «Denition experimentelle de l'excitabilite,» Proc. Soc. deBiol., vol. 77, pp. 280-285, 1909.
- H. A. Blair, "On the Intensity-Time Relations for Stimulation by Electric Currents I,"J. Gen. Physiol., vol. 15, pp. 709-729, Jul 1932.
- H. A. Blair, "On the Intensity-Time Relations for Stimulation by Electric Currents II," J. Gen. Physiol., vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 731-755, 1932.
- W. Irnich, "The fundamental law of electrostimulation and its application to debrillation.," Pacing Clin Electrophysiol, vol. 13, pp. 1433- 1447, Nov 1990.
- W. Irnich, "Optimal truncation of defibrillation pulses.," Pacing Clin Electrophysiol, vol. 18, pp. 673-688, Jun 1995.
- J. C. Schuder, H. Stoeckle, and A. M. Dolan, "Transthoracic Ventricular Defibrillation with Squarewave Stimuli: One-Half Cycle, One Cycle, and Multicycle Waveforms," Circ Res, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 258-264, 1964.
- J. C. Schuder, G. A. Rahmoeller, and H. Stoeckle, "Transthoracic Ventricular Defibrillation with Triangular and Trapezoidal Waveforms," Circ Res, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 1524-4571, 1966.
- J. C. Schuder, J. H. Gold, H. Stoeckle, W. C. McDaniel, and K. N. Cheung, "Transthoracic ventricular defibrillation in the 100 kg calf with symmetrical one-cycle bidirectional rectangular wave stimuli.,"IEEE Trans Biomed Eng, vol. 30, pp. 415-422, Jul 1983.
- P. D. Chapman, J. N. Wetherbee, J. W. Vetter, P. Troup, and J. Souza, "Strength-duration curves of fixed pulse width variable tilt truncated exponential waveforms for nonthoracotomy internal defibrillation in dogs.," Pacing Clin Electrophysiol, vol. 11, pp. 1045-1050, Jul 1988.
- G. H. Bardy, T. D. Ivey, M. D. Allen, G. Johnson, R. Mehra, and H. L. Greene, "A prospective randomized evaluation of biphasic versus monophasic waveform pulses on defibrillation efficacy in humans.," J Am Coll Cardiol, vol. 14, pp. 728-733, Sep 1989.
- M. Kroll, "A minimal model of the single capacitor biphasic defibrillation waveform," Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology, vol. 17, pp. 1782-1792, 1994.
- R. A. Cooper, S. T. Wallenius, W. M. Smith, and R. E. Ideker, "The effect of phase separation on biphasic waveform defibrillation.," Pacing Clin Electrophysiol, vol. 16, pp. 471-482, Mar 1993.
- J. D. Bourland, W. A. Tacker, L. A. Geddes, and V. Chafee, "Comparative efficacy of damped sine wave and square wave current for transchest ventricular defibrillation in animals.," Med Instrum, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 42-45, 1978.
- W. Tacker, Defibrillation of the Heart: ICDs, AEDs, and Manual. St. Louis: Mosby - YearBook, 10 1993.
- C. M. Wilson, J. D. Allen, J. B. Briges, and A. A. J. Adgey, "Death and Damage Caused by Multiple Direct Current Shocks: Studies in an Animal Model,"European Heart Journal, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 1257-1265, 1988.
- M. Fishler, "Theoretical Predictions of the Optimal Monophasic and Biphasic Defibrillation Waveshapes," IEEE Transcadtons on Bimedical Engineering,, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 59-67, 2000.
- Faber G.M., Rudy Y. Action Potential and Contractility in [Na+]i Overload Cardiac Myocytes // Biophysical Journal. Vol. 78 №5 pp. 2392- 2404.
- Gorbunov B.B. Study of the properties of the myocardial cell membrane using the Luo-Rudy model. Medical equipment. 2012; 3: 32-34.
- Cansell A. Wirksamkeit und Sicherheit der Impulskurvenformen bei transthorakaler Defibrillation. Notfall & Rettungsmedizin. 1998; 1 (6): 372-380. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s100490050087
- Normal human physiology / ed. B.I.Tkachenko. - 2nd ed. - M .: Medicine, 2005 .-- S. 115 .-- 928 p. - ISBN 5-225-04240-6
- Guyton AK, Hall DE Medical physiology = Textbook of Medical Physiology / ed. IN AND. Kobrin. - M .: Logosfera, 2008 .-- P. 113 .-- 1296 p. - ISBN 978-5-98657-013-6Bers DM "Cardiac excitation-contraction coupling". Nature. 415 (6868): 198–205. doi:10.1038/415198a
- Koeppen B. M., Stanton B. A. Berne & Levy Physiology. — 6th edition. — Philadelphia: Mosby/Elsevier, 2008. — С. 295. — 834 с. — ISBN 0323045820
- Hamill O. P. Ion transport by single receptor channels. Cold Spring Harbor Symp. Quant. Biql. 1983; 48: 247—25.