MATHEMATICAL MODELLING OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC PROCESSES AND SYSTEMS
Modeling the estimate of the volume of recreational fishing based on the Bayesian approach
- 1 System research company "Factor"
- 2 Research and Production Center for Fisheries, Kazakhstan
In this paper we consider the task of estimating the volume of recreational fish catch yield in a water body. We design mathematical models for the tasks varying in complexity and generality and demonstrate how they can be solved using Bayesian approach. A Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC)-based Bayesian approach is widely used as a solution for stochastic models. To solve the simplest case of a proposed model we have used the PyMC library. The proposed models were later used to estimate the recreational fishing capacity of the water bodies in Qazaqstan.
- Gabbassov M.B., Jaichibekov N. Zh., Lebedev D.V. “A mathematical model of biological resource dynamics, using Caspian/Ural sturgeon as a case study”. ICES journal of Marine Science. 65, 2008. pp. 103-110.
- Cameron Davidson-Pilon. “Bayesian methods for hackers: Probabilistic Programming and Bayesian Inference”. ISBN 978-0133902839. Pearson Education Inc. 2016, 1-256.
- Osvaldo Martin. “Bayesian Analysis with Python”. ISBN 9781789341652. Packt Publishing. 2018, 1-340.