In this paper is presented the method of planning and analysis of the materials handling line in one production company. The method consists of design, simulations, and analysis with the support of Arena simulation software. The design of the line is accomplished using modular modelling with interconnected modules and blocks, and simulations will be carried out to view the flow of boxes with materials and the functionality of main units and processes. The modelled line contains all the necessary units of the input processes, production and output processes, warehouses, materials handling vehicles, and the process flow of packages. Analysis will investigate key performance parameters and evaluate the functionality of the line. Production and logistics companies are implementing various software to plan and design their materials handling line, internal transports and production processes prior to the implementation and development of their plant. This enables them to plan the work, determine influential parameters and identify problems in the functionality. Results will be given in the graphical and tabular forms, which will represent the analysis of performance parameters and line efficiency.
- S. Abedinzadeh, H. R. Erfanian, A. Mostofi, P. Tavafi, Improving the performance of warehouse loading and unloading system using simulation, Indian Journal of Engineering, Vol. 15, 2018, ISSN 2319–7757.
- Ilir Doçi, Technical logistics, Solutions using Arena simulations software (Book in Albanian), Prishtina, 2019.
- Said M., Ismail N., Improvement of Production Line Layout Using Arena Simulation Software, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2014.
- Arena Simulation software, https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-us/products/software/arena-simulation.html .
- W. D. Kelton, R. Sadowski, N. Zupick, Simulation with Arena, 6th Edition, Mc GrawHill, 2015.
- Tayfur Altiok, Benjamin Melamed, Simulation Modeling and Analysis with ARENA, Elsevier, 2007.
- No. of boxes in a truck
- No. of pallets in a truck, https://mexicomlogistics.com/how-many-pallets-fit-on-a-truck-how-to-maximize-trailer-space/#:~:text=If%20your%20pallets%20are%20standard,stackable %2C%20standard%2Dsize%20pallets.
- Number of boxes in a pallet https://www.gigacalculator.com/calculators/pallet-calculator.php
- Ch.-Y. Liong & C. s.e. Loo, A simulation study of warehouse loading and unloading systems using arena, Journal of Quality Measurement and Analysis JQMA 5(2) 2009, 45-56.
- A.H. Abdul Rasib , R. Abdullah , N.F. Bazilah , Z. F. Mohamad Rafaai , and R. M. Noor, Production Smoothness Improvement through ARENA Application in the Food Manufacturing Industry, Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education Vol.12 No.3(2021).
- E. Pekel, S.S. Kara, Warehouse management with a simulation programme, XI. International Logistics & Supply Chain Congress, Kayseri, 2013.
- Ch. M. L. Rahman, Sh. U. Sabuj, Process flow improvement proposal of a batch manufacturing system using arena simulation modeling, Review of General Management, V. 21, I. 1, 2015.
- J. Saderova, A. Rosova, A. Behunova, M. Behun, M. Sofranko, S. Khouri, Case study: the simulation modelling of selected activity in a warehouse operation, Wireless Networks (2022) 28:431–440.
- Th. Wasusri & P. Theerawongsathon, An application of discrete event simulation on order picking strategies: a case study of footwear warehouses, Proceedings of 30th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation, ECMS 2016.
- A. N. A. Ahmad, N. A. Fatin, Md F. Ahmad, R. Buyong, The Effectiveness of Conveyor Layout affected Production Output using Arena Simulation Software, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Bandung, Indonesia, March 6-8, 2018.