By using the application package ANSYS Fluent, the numerical simulation of heat and mass transfer processes in the channels of shell-and-tube heat exchanger with compact placement of tube bundles has been carried out. The fields of velocities, temperatures and pressures in the heat exchanger channel were obtained and the conditions of hydrodynamic flow in the channels and the processes of heat transfer in these channels were analyzed. A new construction of shell-and-tube heat exchanger with compact arrangement of tubes in tube bundles is proposed and developed.
- Zhukauskas A.A., Convective heat transfer in heat exchangers, Nauka, Moscow, 1982.
- Schlichting H., Boundary-Layer Theory, 7th edition, McGraw- Hill, New York, 1979.
- Trokhaniak V., Klendii O. Numerical simulation of hydrodynamic and heat-mass exchange processes of a microclimate control system in an industrial greenhouse. Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brasov, Series II: Forestry, Wood Industry, Agricultural Food Engineering, 2018, vol. 11(60), no. 2., 171-184.
- ANSYS FLUENT Theory Guide. Release 14. ANSYS, Inc. Southpointe 275 Technology Drive Canonsburg, PA 15317, 2011
- Bardina J.E., Huang P.G., Coakley T.J, Turbulence Modeling Validation, Testing and Development. California, NASA reports – April, 1997.