Elastic and static characteristics of innovative corundum ceramic products
- 1 Institute of Metal Science, Equipment, and Technologies with Hydro- and Aerodynamics Center “Acad. A. Balevski” at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 Institute of Mechanics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria2 , Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Faculty of Physics, Department of Nuclear Engineering
- 3 Inner Mongolian Metal Material Research Institute, Ningbo, P.R. China
- 4 Techceramic Ltd, Mezdra, Bulgaria
Using innovative technology, high alumina corundum ceramic products for ballistic protection have been produced and their elastic, physical and mechanical characteristics have been tested. The products are of different shape and thickness and are applied in the construction of the front layer of macro-dispersed ceramic-polymer modular systems for individual protection and for armoring of aircraft, of water and land mobile and stationary military objects, and the like.
- Lakov L., Ivanova J. Ovcharov K., Zheng Shunqi, Toncheva Kr., ELASTIC AND STATIC CHARACTERISTICS OF INNOVATIVE BALISTIC BORON CARBIDE CERAMIC ARTICLES, V International Scientific Congress “INNOVATIONS 2019”, 19-22.06.2019 VARNA, Proceedings, Vol. 1, Issue 3, pp. 108 – 110
- Kislii P. S., М.А. Kuzenkova, N.I. Bodnakruk, B.K. Grabchuk, Karbid Bora, Kiev, Naukowa Dumka, 1988.
- Lakov L., Zheng Shungi, Asenov St., Study of the effectiveness of corundum and boron carbide ceramics in hybrid protection systems, International scientific journal “Security Future” Issue 2, 2019, p 63 – 65..
- Asenov St., L. Lakov, V. Petrov, St. Rafailov, Kr. Тоncheva, Composite material on the base of corundum ceramics for protection of cumulative and kinetic military supplies, Third National Conference with International Participation “Metal Science, Hydro- and Aerodynamics, National Security” 2013 "
- Krautkramer J., H.Krautkramer, Ultrasonic testing of materials, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1983.
- Leissa A.W., The free vibration of rectangular plates, Journal of Sound and Vibration 31 (1973) 257–293.
- Leissa A.W., Vibration of Plates (NASA SP-160), US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, 1969.
- Warburton G.B., The vibration of rectangular plates, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers 168 (1953) 371–384.
- Alfano M. , L. Pagnotta, An Inverse Procedure for Determining the Material Constants of Isotropic Square Plates by Impulse Excitation of Vibration, Applied Mechanics and Materials Vols. 3-4 (2005) pp 287-292
- Alfano, M. , L. Pagnotta, Determining the elastic properties of isotropic materials by modal vibration testing of rectangular thin plates, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 293, 2006, pp. 426-439.