The changes in the structure of the crystalline graphite are studied during high-energy ball milling (BM) treatment. It was found by XRD analysis the milling time increasing up to 3.5 h leads to the formation of an amorphous phase in the milling process. After 10 h of ball milling treatment, complete amorphization of graphite takes place. It has been shown by high-resolution electron microscopy the individual particles have complex morphology which depends on the BM time. After 1 h of BM carbon materials characterized by an onion-like structure: the individual particles have a spheroidal shape with a size of ~ 10 nm. However, unlike the previous ones after 10 h of ball milling carbon nanomaterials are characterized by a disordered structure, which is typical for amorphous carbon.
- A. Krueger, Carbon materials and nanotechnology (WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH and Co. KGaA, Weinheim, 2010)
- O.A. Shenderova, V.V. Zhirnov, D.W. Brenner, Crit. Rev. Solid State Mater. Sci. 27, 227 (2001)
- E.A. Belenkov, V.A. Greshnyakov, Phys. Solid State 55, 1754 (2013)
- J.T. Wang, C.F. Chen, E.G. Wang, Y. Kawazoe, Sci. Rep. 4, doi: 10.1038/srep24665 (2014).
- R.B. Heimann, S.E. Evsyukov, Y. Koga, Carbon 35, 1654 (1997)
- T. Xing, L.H. Li, L. Hou, X. Hu, S. Zhou, R. Peter, M. Petravic, Y. Chen, Carbon 57, 515 (2013)
- V. Petkov, A. Timmons, J. Camardese, Y. Ren, J. Phys. Condensed. Matter. 23, 435003 (2011)
- L.Z. Boguslavskii, Surf. Eng. Appl. Electrochem. 46, 352 (2010)
- A.D. Rud, N.I. Kuskova, V.Yu. Baklar’, L.I. Ivaschuk, L.Z. Boguslavskii, I.M. Kiryan, State. Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci: Phys. 75, 1435 (2011)
- Q. Zou, M.Z. Wang, Y.G. Li, J. Exp. Nanosci. 5, 375 (2010)
- N. Miriyala, D.J. Kirby, A. Cumont, R. Zhang, B. Shi, D. Ouyang, H. Ye, Cryst. 10, doi:10.3390/cryst10040281 (2020)
- A.D. Rud, I.M. Kiryan, J. Non-Cryst. Solids. 386, 1 (2014)
- A.D. Alekseev, G.M. Zelinskaya, A.G. Ilinskii, I.G.Kaban, Yu.V. Lepeyeva, G.S. Mogilny, E.V. Ul’yanova, A.P. Shpak, Fiz. Tekh. Vis. Davl. 3, 35 (2008), (in Russian)
- J. Robertson, Mater. Sci. Eng. R, 37, 129 (2002)