This paper aims to study the reinforcement effects of alumina (23) particles on the mechanical properties of base alloy melt of (6061). The samples of metallic composites with dispersed particles percentage (5%, 10% and 15%) are prepared by casting vortex method, which help the particles entrance in the matrix and distribution of it in homogeneous form. The purpose of this study is to improve the hardness, impact strength, tensile strength, and compressive strength, which are increased with the increment of the added particle’s amount due to the hardness of alumina particles. Based on the results it concluded that the value of the durability increases with the increase in the percentages of the particles by weight between three stages. Also, the addition of aluminum oxide particles increased the tensile resistance and thus improved the mechanical properties of the base material. It was also noted that with the addition of aluminum oxide, the melting point of the metal increased and reached about 980 degrees Celsius.
- what are Composites". Discover Composites. Retrieved 2020- 12-18.
- Anderson, Don L.; "Chemical Composition of the Mantle", Theory of the Earth, pp. 147-175 ISBN 0865421234.
- https://www.weerg.com/en/blog/aluminum-properties-and-advantages-of- aluminum.
- Robert E. Sanders, Jr. (2001). "Technology Innovation in Aluminum Products". JOM. 53 (2): 21–25. Bibcode:2001JOM53b..21S. doi:10.1007/s11837-001-0115-7. S2CID 111170376.
- "Aluminum Alloys". Materials Management Inc. 23 December 2015. Archived from the original on 31 July 2016. Retrieved 2016- 07-25.
- Dr. Syed Ahamed, Shilpa P C, Roshan J D; Aluminium-6061 metal matrix composite; 2019
- Krishna Pal Singh Chauhan; Influence of Heat Treatment on the Mechanical Properties of Aluminum Alloys (6xxx Series); 2017.
- C. S. Shyna, R. Rajeshb, and M. Dev Anandc; Review of aluminum 6061 metal matrix composites fabricated using stir casting method and applications; 2021.
- Tanwir Alam, Akhter Husain Ansari; aluminum and its alloys for automotive applications; 2017.
- Vengatesh.D, Chandramohan.V; Aluminum Alloy Metal Matrix Composite; 2014.
- R. C. Hibbeler; Structural Analysis; Eighth Edition in SI Units.