The physical properties of nanoparticles as modifiers are depend on their geometrical characteristics. These objects have 5- and 10-axis symmetry which is forbidden for crystals. The 3×3 matrices-generators of point groups of rotation in crystallographical and crystallophysics basises have as matrix elements 0 and ±1, except groups hexa- and trigonal in H-basis crystals. But these lattices too have 0 and ±1 as matrix elements for matrical representation of point moving in crystallographical basis. For describing the point groups of pentagonal and decagonal symmetries, instead of crystal lattices the so-named general regular lattices (GRL). The two dimensional GRL is known as Penrose’s sets. For 3-d pentagonal sets there are 14 groups of point symmetry, which are not crystallographic because their elements may be golden ratio.
- Elcoro, L., Perez-Mato, J.M., Madariaga, G. Determination of quasicrystalline structures: a refinement program using symmetry-adapted parameters. - Acta cryst. A50, 1994, p. 182-193.
- John W. Cahn. Quasicrystals. J. Res. Natl. Stand. Technol., 2001, vol. 106, p. 975-982.
- Cervellinot, A., Steurer, W. General periodic average structures of decagonal quasicrystals. - Acta cryst. A58, 2002, p. 180-184.
- Lee, H., Swendsen, R., Wodom, M. Crystalline ground states of an entropically stabilized quasicrystal model. - Phys. Rev. B, vol. 64, 2001, p. 224201/1-224201/4.
- Wang, G.-W., Komatsu, K., Murata, Y., Shiro, M. Synthesis and X-ray structure of dumb-bell-shaped C120 . Nature, 1997, no. 5, p. 583-586.
- Liopo, V. The matrical representation of the 4-D basical tri- and hexagonal point groups of symmetry.- Long Abstr. XV ECM. Drezden, AGermany.-MT15 (20), 1994.
- Senechal, M, Quasicrystals and Geometry. Cambridge University Press. New York, 1995.
- Liopo, V. The matrical representation of point group of dodecahedron symmetry for 3-D and 6-D spaces.- Krystallographia, 1991, vol. 36, no. 4, p. 809-812.
- Liopo, V., Sabutz, A. Fedorov's ideas in the theory of poly-dimension regular lattices. Abstr.of XV Int. Conf. X-ray diffraction and Crystal Chemistry of minerals. Saint-Pet., 2003, p. 14-16.
- Phan, T., Veysseyte, R., Weigel, D. Crystallography, geometry and physics in higher dimensions. IV. Crystallographic cells and polytopes or 'molecules' of four-dimensional space E4. - Acta cryst. A44, 1988, p. 627-637.
- Yamamoto, A., Ishihara, K.N. Penrose patterns and related structures. II. Decagonal quasicrystals. - Asta cryst. A44, 1988, p.707-714.
- Liopo, V., Sabutz, A., Struk, V. The point symmetry of monoelement nanoparticles. abstr.of Int. Conf. Fullerenes and atomic clusters. Saint-Pet., 2007, p.183.
- Yamamoto, A., Takakura, H. Six-dimensoinal model of icosahedral Al-Pd-Mn quasicrystals. Phys. Rev. B, vol. 68, 2003, p. 094201/1- 094201/12.
- Liopo, V.A., Nikitin, A.V., Sabutz, A.V., Struk, V.A., Kravchenko, V.I. The symmetry of nanoparticles. Abstr. of 15 Int. Conf. Mechanics of Composite Materials, Riga, Latvia, 2008, p. 169-170.
- Poling, L., Poling, P. Chemistry. – Moscow, 1978. 683 p. (in Russian)
- Bondarev, V.P. Fundamental mineralogy and crystallography. Moscow, Science. 1978. 318 p. (in Russian)
- Kostov, I. Crystallography. Moscow. 1965. 528 p. (in Russian)
- Shascolskaja, M.P. Crystallography. Mocsow. 1976. 391 p. (in Russian)
- Vanstain, B.K. Modern crystallography. Moscow Science. 1979. 383 p. (in Russian)
- Liopo, V.A. Matrix crystallography. Grodno. 1998. 78 p. (in Russian)
- Gusev, A.M. Effects of nanocrystalline state in compact metals and compounds. SPS. 1998. V. 168. №1. P. 55 – 83. (in Russian)
- Gripon, С. Relation between solubility and effective solute-solute interaction for C60. J. Cryst. Growth. 1998. – V. 183. – p. 258 – 268.
- Cahn, J.W. Quasicrystals. J. Res. Natl. Stand. Technol. 2001. – V. 106. p 975 – 982.
- Liopo, V. The Geometrical Parameters of Nanoparticles for Polymeric Composite Materials. / V. Liopo [and oth.] // Proceed of 14th Inter. Conf. Mechanika. Kaunas, Lithuania, 2009. – p. 244 – 248.