Plasma arc cutting is a non-conventional manufacturing process that has potential for modern day metal cutting demands with good dimensional accuracy and high-quality surfaces without any extra operation. In this experimental study, AISI 304, AISI 430 and EN S235JR sheet materials having 5 mm. thicknesses, has cut with plasma arc cutting. Each material has cut with 6 different variations. Current, cutting speed, arc voltage, gas pressure and gas flow rate have been changed as process parameters. The quality of the cut has been monitored by measuring the edge roughness, the hardness of the heat-affected zone (HAZ) and the results has compared.
- Hassan El-Hofy, Advanced Machining Processes : Nontraditional and Hybrid Machining Processes, McGraw Hill, 2005
- A. Iosub, Gh. Nagit, F. Negoescu, “Plasma Cutting of Composite Materials”, International Journal of Material Forming (2008) Suppl 1:1347 –1350
- B. Nedic, M. Jankovic, M. Radovanovic, G. G. Lakic, “Quality of plasma cutting”, Proc. Of 13th International Conference on Tribology (SERBIATRIB ‟13), Kragujevac, Serbia, 15 – 17 May 2013, pp: 314-319
- Z. Cinar, M. Asmael, Q. Zeeshan, “Developments in Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC) of Steel Alloys: A Review”, Jurnal Kejuruteraan 30(1) 2018: 7-16
- K. V. Vasil‟ev, “Plasma-arc-cutting- a promising method of thermal cutting,” Welding International, Vol 17(2), pp. 147-151, 2003.
- S.M. Ilii, M. Coteata, “Plasma arc cutting cost”, International Journal of Material Forming (2009) Vol. 2 Suppl 1:689–692
- C.Radu, E. Herghelegiu, C. Schnakovszky, “Comparative study on the effects of three unconventional cutting technologies on cut surface quality”, Indian Journal of Engineering and Materials Sciences, 22(2), pp. 127-132, 2015
- Helmi A. Youssef, Machining of Stainless Steels and Super Alloys Traditional and Nontraditional Techniques, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2016
- K. P. Maity & Dilip Kumar Bagal “Effect of process parameters on cut quality of stainless steel of plasma arc cutting using hybrid approach”,
- K. Salonitis, S. Vatousianos, “Experimental Investigation of the Plasma Arc Cutting Process”, Procedia CIRP, Vol 3, 2012, 287 – 292 (45th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems 2012)
- A. Parthiban, J.P. Prasath, P.Vivek, R. Pugazhenthi, “Experimental investigation of plasma arc cutting for stainless steel sheet”, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, 8(1),IJMPERD, FEB, 2018110, pp. 907-914
- D.K. Naik, K.P. Maity, “An optimization and experimental analysis of plasma arc cutting of Hardox-400 using Taguchi based desirability analysis”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 5(5), pp. 13157-13165, 2018
- A. Lazarevic, D. Lazarevic, “Investigations of material hardness and structural changes in the heat-affected zone during plasma cutting”, Welding in the World, 61(6), pp. 1069-1075, 2017
- A. Lazarevic, “Experimental research of the plasma arc cutting process”, Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 12(4), pp. 291-296, 2014
- H.R. Kumar, S. Thileepan, “Analysis in plasma arc cutting of 21Cr ferritic stainless steel”, International Journal of ChemTech Research, 8(11), pp. 474-483, 2015