Tribological properties of commercially pure copper and a lowalloyed chromium bronze
- 1 Ufa State Aviation Technical University, Ufa, Russia
- 2 National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taipei, Taiwan
- 3 National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
In this paper, we present the results of the tribological studies of commercially pure copper (99.9% Cu) and a low-alloyed chromium bronze (Cu-0.5%Cr), contacting a graphite-containing material. The samples under study were produced with two types of microstructures: a coarse-grained (CG) one, having an average grain size of 100-130 μm after annealing, and a submicrocrystalline (SMC) one, having an average grain size of 0.30-0.50 μm after multi-cycle severe plastic deformation (SPD) processing via equal-channel anglar pressing (ECAP) combined with Conform. It is shown that for the samples produced by ECAP-Conform, having an SMC structure, the friction coefficients are 12 – 20% lower than for the as-annealed samples, having a CG structure.
- Yu.E. Kuptsov. Conversations about Current Collection. — Мoscow: «Modern-А», 2001. - 256 p. (in Russian).
- Friction, Wear and Lubrication (Tribology and Triboengineering)/ A.V. Chichinadze, E.M Berliner, E.D. Brown et al., ed. by A.V. Chichinadze. – Мoscow: Mashinostroenie, 2003. – 576 p. (in Russian).
- Yu.V. Futoryanskiy, Efficient Methods for the Hardening of Steel Products. Kuibyshev: Kuibyshev Book Publisher. 1978. 87 p. (in Russian).
- V.Ya. Kirshenbaum. Mechanical-Thermal Formation of Friction Surfaces. Мoscow: Mashinostroenie, 1987. 230 p. (in Russian).
- D.G. Gromakovskiy, N.D. Kuznetsov et al. Increasing the life of friction units through the use of carbon fluorides//Vestnik Mashinostroeniya, 1987, № 8 (in Russian).
- A.V. Belyi, G.D. Karpenko, N.K. Myshkin. Structure and Methods for the Formation of Wear-Resistant Surface Layers. Мoscow: Mashinostroenie, 1991. 208 p. (in Russian).
- D.N. Garkunov. Triboengineering. Мoscow: Mashinostroenie, 1989. 327 p. (in Russian).
- L.G. Odintsov. Strengthening and Finishing of Parts Using Surface Plastic Deformation: Reference book. Мoscow: Mashinostroenie, 1987. 327 p. (in Russian).
- Pearlite in Carbon Steels / V.M. Schastlivtsev, D.A. Mirzaev, I.L. Yakovleva et al. Ekaterinburg: the Ural Branch of RAS, 2006. ISBN 5-7691-1713-3 (in Russian).
- V.M. Schastlivtsev, V.I. Zeldovich, D.A. Mirzaev et al. Developing the Ideas of Academician V.D. Sadovskiy. Collection of papers. Ekaterinburg, 2008. ISBN 5—900474— 58—5 (in Russian).
- L.M. Rybakova, L.I. Kuksenova. Structure and Wear Resistance of Metal. Мoscow: Mashinostroenie, 1982. 212 p. (in Russian).
- R.Z. Valiev, I.V. Alexandrov. Nanostructured Materials Produced by Severe Plastic Deformation. Мoscow: Logos, 2000. 272 p. (in Russian).
- G.I. Raab, R.Z. Valiev. Equal-channel angular pressing of long-length billets // Izvestiya Vuzov. Tsvetnaya Metallurgiya -2000 -№5, p.50-53 (in Russian).
- Equal-channel angular pressing of metallic mateials: achievements and areas of development (Thematic collection of papers, ed. by V.M. Segal, S.V. Dobatkin and R.Z. Valiev)// Russian Metallurgy (Metally) 2004, Nos. 1, 2.
- L.Sh. Shuster. Adhesive Interaction of Solid Metallic Bodies. - Ufa: Gilem, 1999. 198 p. (in Russian).
- V.I. Semenov, L.Sh. Shuster, S.V. Chertovskikh, G.I. Raab. The effect of the complex parameter of the plastic friction contact and the material structure on the strength of adhesive bonds // Trenie i Iznos. 2005. Vol. 26. № 1. P. 74 – 79 (in Russian).
- Song-Jeng Huang, Yeau-Ren Jeng, V. I. Semenov and Yo-Zhi Dai Particle Size Effects of Silicon Carbide on Wear Behavior of SiCp -Reinforced Magnesium Matrix Composites//Tribology Letters (2011), V. 42, No. 1, p. 79-87.
- V.I. Semenov, L.Sh. Shuster, S.-J. Huang, P.-Ch. Lin Tribological Behavior of Low-Carbon Steel Depending on Treatment and Structural State//Journal of Friction and Wear, 2011, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 205–211.