Zirconium dioxide-titanium dioxide coatings were obtained by sol-gel method on stainless steel plates. The samples were treated at three Zirconium dioxide-titanium dioxide coatings were obtained by sol-gel method on stainless steel plates. The samples were treated at three temperatures 300, 400 and 500oC. The morphology and chemical surface composition were examined by Scanning electron microscopy (SEM), atomic force microscopy (AFM) and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), while the phase composition was examined by X-ray diffraction analyses (XRD). The corrosion resistance was evaluated by weight loss measurements in NaCl medium. The coatings are possess relatively smooth surface with some microcracks. After corrosion test the coatings treated at 500oC, keep their surface structure without visible signs of corrosion and thecorrosion tests revealed zero mass loss. The good protective properties of these coatings could be attributed to (i) amorphous structure, leading to deterioration of the ion and electron conduction of the films and (ii) probably increased density after the thermal treatment
- J. Ho Shin, J. Wook Lee, Effects of twin intersection on the tensile behavior in high nitrogen austenitic stainless steel, Mater. Character. 91 (2014) 19–25.
- R. Yılmaz, A.O. Kurt, A. Demir, Z. Tatlı, Effects of TiO2 on the mechanical properties of the Al2O3–TiO2 plasma sprayed coating, J. Europ. Ceram. Soc. 27 (2007) 1319-1323.
- C. X. Shan, X.H.K.L. Choy, P. Choquet, Improvement in corrosion resistance of CrN coated stainless steel by conformal TiO2 deposition, Surf. Coat. Technol. 10 (2008) 2147–2151
- N. Garg, S. Bera, G. Mangamma, V. K. Mittal, R. Krishnan, S. Velmurugan, Study of Fe2O3-ZrO2 interface of ZrO2 coating grown by hydrothermal process on stainless steel, Surf. Coat. Technol., 258 (2014) 597-604.
- H.M. Abd El-Lateef, M. M. Khalaf, Corrosion resistance of ZrO2–TiO2 nanocomposite multilayer thin films coated on carbon steel in hydrochloric acid solution, Mater. Characteriz., 108 (2015) 29-41.
- K. Rodrigo, J. Knudsen, N. Pryds, J. Schou, S. Linderoth, Characterization of yttria-stabilized zirconia thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition (PLD) on various substrates, Appl. Surf. Sci., 254 (2007) 1338-1342.
- J.R.V. Garcia, T. Goto, Thermal barrier coatings produced by chemical vapor deposition, Sci. Technol. Adv. Mater., 4 (2016) 397-402
- G.I. Cubillos, M. Bethencourt, J.J. Olaya, Corrosion resistance of zirconium oxynitride coatings deposited via DC unbalanced magnetron sputtering and spray pyrolysis-nitriding, Appl. Surf. Sci. 327 (2015) 288-325.
- Wang, R., He, X., Gao, Y., Zhang, X., Yao, X., & Tang, B. (2017). Antimicrobial property, cytocompatibility and corrosion resistance of Zn-doped ZrO2/TiO2 coatings on Ti6Al4V implants. Mater Sci. Eng. C, 75 (2017) 7–15.
- U. Aust, S. Benfer, M. Dietze, A. Rost, G. Tomandl, Development of microporous ceramic membranes in the system TiO2/ZrO2 , J Membr. Sci. 281 (2006) 463-471.
- T. Ghasemi, A. A. Shahrabi , H. O. Hassannehad, S. Sanjabi, Effect of heat treatment on corrosion properties of sol–gel titania–ceria nanocomposite coating, J. Alloys Comp. 504, (2010). 237-242.