INFORMATION MODELING OF INTELLIGENT AND SECURE CYBER-PHYSICAL PRODUCTION SYSTEMS USING OPC UA
- 1 Dept. of Industrial Automation, University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Sofia, Bulgaria
The strategic initiative Industry 4.0 implies integration of Cyber-Physical Production Systems (CPPS), Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud computing, leading to what is called “smart factory”. The lack of theoretical foundation and methodologies for development of CPPS creates barriers that may hamper the adoption, commercialization, and market success of the new CPPS applications. Standardization and digitalization are at the heart of the methodologies for developing intelligent cyber-physical production systems. OPC UA is the only recommended communication standard within the RAMI reference architecture. Here comes the main purpose of the paper to analyze OPC UA in respect to the information model creation and measures to ensure security of applications. An important place in the paper is devoted to the specification of standardized information models of other organizations, such as those of the ISA-95 (IEC-62264).
- De Carolis A., Tavola G., Taisch M., Cyber-Physical Systems in Manufacturing: Future Trends and Research Priorities, XXI Summer School "Francesco Turco" - Industrial Systems Engineering, pp.12-17.
- Lu Y., Morris KC, Frechette S., Current Standards Landscape for Smart Manufacturing Systems, NISTIR 8107, NIST, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.6028/NIST.IR.8107.
- Forschungsunion, “Recommendations for implementing the strategic initiative Industry 4.0”, Acatech, 2013.
- Lee J., Bagheri B., Kao H.-A., A Cyber-Physical Systems architecture for Industry 4.0-based manufacturing systems, Manufacturing Letters 3 (2015) 18–23, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mfglet.2014.12.001.
- Ahmadi A., Cherifi C., Cheutet V., Ouzrout Y., A Review of CPS 5 Components Architecture for Manufacturing Based on Standards. 11th IEEE International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management and Applications (SKIMA 2017), Dec 2017, Colombo, Sri Lanka. hal-01679977.
- OPC Foundation (2017), OPC UA Specification, Part 1: Overview and Concepts, http://www.opcfoundation.org/UA/Part1/
- OPC Foundation (2018), OPC UA Specification, Part 2: Security model http://www.opcfoundation.org/UA/Part2/
- OPC Foundation (2017), OPC UA Specification, Part 3: Address Space Model, http://www.opcfoundation.org/UA/Part3/
- OPC Foundation (2017), OPC UA Specification, Part 4: Services http://www.opcfoundation.org/UA/Part4/
- OPC Foundation (2017), OPC UA Specification, Part 5: Information Model, http://www.opcfoundation.org/UA/Part5/
- OPC Foundation (2017), OPC UA Specification, Part 6: Mappings http://www.opcfoundation.org/UA/Part6/
- OPC Foundation (2017), OPC UA Specification, Part 7: Profiles http://www.opcfoundation.org/UA/Part7/
- OPC Foundation (2013), OPC Unified Architecture for ISA-95 Companion specification.
- Mahnke, W., Leitner, S.H., Damm, M.. OPC Unified Architecture. Springer Science & Business Media; 2009.