Experimental determination of some tribological characteristics of radial plain bearing
- 1 Faculty of Metallurgy and Materials Science – University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Bulgaria
In the current paper is presented experimental determination of the hydrodynamic pressure in a radial journal bearing using a specially designed stand. The latter is used also for determining the friction moment of the bearing. The results obtained show that the influence of the shaft angular speed and the static load on the pressure values present tendencies identical to those published by other authors. The same can be claim also for the studied effect of the shaft speed on the values of friction moment.
- Mazdrakova A., Javorova J., Radulescu A., Mirev A., Rakanov Y., Hydrodynamic journal bearing test rig with elastic deformations of contact surfaces capabilities, Proc XV Int. Sci Conf. "RE & IT - 2016", 10 – 11 June 2016, Smolyan, vol.1, 2016, 33-36.
- Yankov A., Dimitrov L., Ralev D., Kavaldzhiev S., Kolev P., Nedyalkov P., Vrazhilski D., Manual of Laboratory Exercises for Machine Elements, TU Sofia, 2014, 96 p. (in Bulgarian)
- Hsu S., Ying C., Zhao F., The nature of friction: A critical assessment. Friction, 2, 1, 2014, 1-26.
- Harnoy A., Bearing design in machinery: Еngineering tribology and lubrication, CRC press, Taylor & Francis, 2002, 664 p.
- Wada S., Hayashi H., Hydrodynamic lubrication of journal bearings by pseudo-plastic lubricants: part 2, experimental studies. Bulletin of JSME, 14, 69, 1971, 279-286.
- Bouyer J., Fillon M., Experimental measurement of the friction torque on hydrodynamic plain journal bearings during startup, Tribology International, 44, 7, 2011, 772-781.
- Hamrock B. J., Schmid S.R., Jacobson B.O., Fundamentals of fluid film lubrication, 2nd ed., Marcel Dekker Inc, N.Y., 2004, 703 p.
- Javorova J.G., Basic bearing characteristics of HD journal bearing in the conditions of elastic contact, Proc. Int. Conf. “RаDMI”, Serbia, 2003, 731-737.
- Javorova J., Numerical investigation on the performance of HD journal bearings under elasticity contact conditions, Proc. of 8- th Int. Conf. Balkantrib’14, Sinaia, Romania, 2014, 184-189.
- Vlassov V.Z., Leontiev U.N., Beams, plates and shells on elastic foundation, Moscow, 1960. (in Russ.)
- Javorova J.G., Alexandrov V.A., Stanulov K.G., Static and dynamic performance of EHD journal bearings in turbulent flow, Proc. Int. Conf. “Power Transmissions”, 2009, Thessaloniki, Greece, pp. 347-350.
- Dowson D., Higginson G., Elastohydro-dynamic Lubrication, 2nd ed., Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1977.
- Kodnir D.S., Contact hydrodynamic of machine details lubrication, Moscow, 1976. (in Russ.)
- Elsharkawy A., Effects of lubricant additives on the performance of hydrodynamically lubricated journal bearings, Tribology Letters, 18, 1, 2005, 63-73
- Javorova J., Mazdrakova A., Squeeze film effect at elastohydrodynamic lubrication of plain journal bearings, Science, Engineering & Education, 1, Iss. 1, 2016, 11-20.
- Dhande D. Y., Pande D. W. Multiphase flow analysis of hydrodynamic journal bearing using CFD coupled fluid structure interaction considering cavitation, Journal of King Saud University – Engineering Sciences, 2016, dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jksues .2016.09.001.
- Yunus M., Munshi S. M., Performance evaluation of hydrodynamic journal bearing using gearbox and engine oil (SAE90 and SAE20w50) by experimental and theoretical methods, IJMEIT, Vol.03 Issue 11, 2015, 1573-1583.
- Kuznetsov E., Glavatskih S., Fillon, M., THD analysis of compliant journal bearings considering liner deformation, Tribology International, 44,12, 2011, 1629-1641.
- Javorova J., One Solution to the Non-Stationary Problem of the Elastohydrodynamic Theory of Lubricants, Dissertation for PhD degree, VTU, Sofia, 1998, 165 p. (in Bulgarian)
- Kadda Mehala, Bendaoud, N., Youcefi, A., Evolution of the lubrication regime of a cylindrical journal bearing in the starting phase, Industrial Lubrication and Tribology 66, 3, 2014, 379-386.