Automated optical scanning systems for analysis of solid surfaces are presented in this work. The prototypes are capable of detecting various parameters and irregularities related to the surfaces of solid bodies by measuring the amplitude of modulated signals of the Electromagnetic Echo Effect. The systems allow various sizes of all kinds of surfaces to be scanned and the results to be visualized on a computer screen. The aim of this work is to present two prototype versions (which use analogue and digital measuring devices) and to show their capabilities. Their general purpose is to scan different areas of specimens and visualize their sensitivity to the Electromagnetic Echo
Effect onto a plot of coordinates but they are also capable of providing valuable information about structural, mechanical and electrical surface parameters.
- N. A. Feidenhans’l, P. Hansen, L. Pilný, M. H. Madsen, G. Bissacco, J. C. Petersen, R. Taboryski, Comparison of optical methods for surface roughness characterization, Meas. Sci. Technol. 26 (2015) 085208 (10pp), DOI: 10.1088/0957-0233/26/8/085208
- J. M. Bennett, Recent developments in surface roughness characterization, Measurement Science and Technology vol. 3.12 1992: pp. 1119-1127, December 1992
- A. Franks, Nanometric surface metrology at the National Physical Laboratory, Metrologia vol. 28.6, pp. 471-482, 1991
- M. Joshi, A. Bhattacharyya, S. W. Ali, Characterization techniques for nanotechnology in textiles, Indian Journal of Fibre & Textile Research, Vol. 33, September 2008, pp. 304-317
- O. Ivanov, V. Mihailov, V.I. Pustovoid, A. Abbate, P. Das, Surface photo charge effect in solids, Optics communication 113 (1995), 509-512pp.
- O. Ivanov, M. Kuneva, Quality control methods based on electromagnetic field-matter interaction, Application and experiences of quality control, Ch. 26 (2011), 509-536pp. DOI: 10.5772/15857
- Ivanov O., Svircov D., Michailova Ts., Nikolov P., Pustovoit V., Automatized system for measuring the surface density of current carriers and electrical permittivity of conducting materials, Spectroscopy Letters, 7, 28, 1995, 1085-1094
- T. Pezeril, Laser generation and ultrafast shear acoustic waves in solid and liquid, Optics and Laser Technology, 83 (2016), 177-188pp.
- Yu. Yu. Neymet, I.P. Studenyak, M.Yu.Buchuk, Yu.O. Pal, S.Kökényesi, L.Daróci, C. Cserháti, R. Bohdan, Study of photostructural changes under the influence of laser and e-beam irradiations in (Ag3AsS3)0.9(As2S3)0.1thinfilms, Thin Solid Films, 616(2016), 717-721pp.
- Ognyan Ivanov and Mariana Kuneva, Quality Control Methods Based on Electromagnetic Field-Matter Interactions, InTech, pp. 510-536, April 2011
- Nam-Chun Park, A. Abbate, and P. Das, Characterization of Semiconductors by Laser-Generated Photocharge Voltage Spectroscopy, in 22nd Int. Symp. Compound Semiconductors, Cheju Island, Korea, 1995, pp. 593-598
- (2017, April) Surface photovoltage, Wikipedia. [Online]. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_photovoltage
- O. Ivanov and S. Radanski, Application of surface photo charge effect for milk quality control, Journal of Food Science, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 79-83, August 2009
- O. Ivanov, Zh. Stoyanov, B. Stoyanov, M. Nadoliisky, and Ashok Vaseashta, Fast, Contactless Monitoring of the Chemical Composition of Raw Materials, in Technological Innovations in Sensing and Detection of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Threats and Ecological Terrorism, Ashok Vaseashta, Eric Braman, and Philip Susmann, Eds.: Springer, 2012, ch. 18