Numerical simulations of honing process of thin-wall cylinder liners, with constant and with variable thickness of the wall of honed workpieces can improve and can help to conduct the experimental research of honing process and can improve the honing process. A very valuable research assumption, before performing the numerical analysis of computer simulation of honing process, is the measurement of the real geometry of the honing head using a CNC coordinate measuring machine and measuring of the honed workpiece’s temperature occurring in the honed workpiece during honing process with a thermal infrared camera. Thick-walled workpieces do not create machining and technological performance problems. In a predictable way, it’s possible to plan the machining time remaining to receive the desired diameter of the hole being honed. Deformations of a thin-walled workpiece with varying wall thickness occurring during honing, which were measured after machining, showed that there is no linear correlation of holes deformation received for a different crosssection thicknesses of wall of honed cylinder liners for various oilstone pressure and due to the workpiece temperature increase.
- Barylski A., Sender P. (2014): Experimental studies of diameter and temperature increments of workpieces during honing the long holes under production conditions; Mechanik 9, p. 34–43. http://www.mechanik.media.pl/artykuly/badania-przyrostowsrednic-i-temperatury-przedmiotowpodczasgladzenia-dlugichotworow-w-warunkach-produkcyjnych1.html
- Busse, T., Schultheiß, H. (2006) Verfahren zur Auswertung von Messdaten, DE102004057462A1.
- Dimkovski Z., Cabanettes F., Lofgren H., Anderberg C., Ohlsson R., Rosen B. G. (2012): Optimization of cylinder liner surface finish by slide honing; Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture 226 (4), p. 575–584. DOI: 10.1177/0954405410396154.
- Sender P. (2018): Variable kinematics of honing process - influence on machined workpiece. ”Trends in the Development of Machinery and Associated Technology” TMT 2018, 18-22 September 2018, Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic; https://www.tmt.unze.ba/proceedings2018.php
- Gao, Shaowu; Yang, Changyong; Xu, Jiuhua; Su, Hao; Fu, Yucan (2018): Modelling and simulation of bore diameter evolution in finish honing; Procedia Manufacturing 26, p. 462–468. DOI: 10.1016/j.promfg.2018.07.054.
- Goeldel B., El Mansori M., Didier D. (2012): Macroscopic simulation of the liner honing process; CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology 61, p. 319–322. DOI: 10.1016/j.cirp.2012.03.044.
- Grigoryev S.E., Kadyrov R.R., Charikov P.N., Pryanichnikova V.V. (2017): Simulation of honing of a processed workpiece on CNC machine; Key Engineering Materials 743, p. 236–240. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.743.236.