Detonation synthesis nanodiamonds have been widely used in modern science and technology. Such kind of nanodiamonds can be obtained either from the carbon explosive molecule (DND) or from a mixture of explosives with the addition of graphite or soot (DALAN). Possessing nanoscale and high surface energy, diamonds have a structural and dispersion-strengthening effect being in contact with any materials. In many ways, the applications of nanodiamonds are determined by their dispersion, reactivity, and aggregative state in various environments. The given scientific research investigated the properties of industrial DND and DALAN produced by JSC RPE “SIDAL”, being one of the leading manufacturers in Russia. There were estimated the following properties: crystallites sizes; elemental composition; thermal stability; specific surface area; unit sizes.
- A. I. Lyamkin, E. A. Petrov, A. P. Ershov, G. V. Sakovich, A. M. Staver, and V. M. Titov, “The way to produce diamonds from explosives,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 302(3), 611–613 (1988).
- F. E. Griener, B. S. Phillips, J. D. Johnson, and F. Volk, “Diamonds in detonation soot,” Nature 333(172), 440–442 (1988).
- G. V. Sakovich, V. F. Komarov, and E. A. Petrov, “Synthesis, properties and application of nanosized synthetic diamonds. Part 1. Synthesis and properties,” Superhard. Materials., No. 3, 3–18 (2002).
- G. V. Sakovich, V. F. Komarov, and E. A. Petrov, “Synthesis, properties and application of nanosized synthetic diamonds. Part 2. Application and manufacturing,” Superhard. Materials., No. 4, 8–23 (2002).
- Sakovich G.V., Zharkov A.S., Petrov E.A., “Results of research into the physicochemical processes of detonation synthesis and nanodiamond applications”, Nanotechnologies in Russia, 8 (9-10), 581-591 (2013)
- A. L. Vereschagin, G. V. Sakovich, V. F. Komarov, and E. A. Petrov, “Properties of ultrafine diamond clusters from detonation synthesis,” Diamond and Relater Materials, No. 3, 160–162 (1993).
- E.A. Petrov, “Achievements and actual tasks of the development of detonation synthesis of nanodiamonds”: Proceedings of the 22nd Seminar on New Trends in Research of Energetic Materials, Pardubice, Czech Republic April 10–12, 2019. pp. 588-592.