The photocatalytic degradation of pharmaceutically active compounds, persistent contaminants in aquatic media, based on advanced oxidation processes was the subject of investigation. The study evaluates application of three different nanopowder mixtures (ZnO/SnO2, ZnO/TiO2 and ZnO/In2O3) for decomposition of diclofenac, naproxen, ibuprofen and ketoprofen, some of frequently detected pharmaceuticals in wastewaters and landfill leachates. The phase morphology, composition, specific surface area, crystalline structure and optical properties of the newly synthesized nanopowders, prepared by three step mechanochemical solid-state treatment, were characterized in detail. Effects of optimization parameters on degradation rate were examined and a set of experiments were performed in order to investigate influence of catalyst concentration (0.10–0.60 mg mL-1), pH values of ambience (5-9) and initial concentration of pharmaceutics (0.002–0.010mg mL-1) for this purpose.
- R. P. Schwarzenbach, B.I. Escher, K. Fenner, et al., U.V. Gunten, and B. Wehrli, Science; 303 (2006)
- M.A. Shannon, P.W. Bohn, M. Elimelech, et al., Nature; 452 (2008)
- C. D. Metcalfe, B. G. Koenig, D. T. Bennie, et al, Environ. Toxicol. Chem; 22 (2003)
- A.M. Deegan, B. Shaik, K. Nolan, et al., Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol.; 8 (2011)
- M. Novakovic, G. Strbac, M. Petrovic, D. Strbac, I. Mihajlovic, J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. (2019); DOI: 10.1080/10934529.2019.1701895
- D. Strbac, C. A. Aggelopoulos, G. Štrbac, G., M. Dimitropoulos, M. Novaković, T. Ivetić, S. N. Yannopoulos, Process Saf. Environ. Prot. 113 (2018)
- D. Kanakaraju, B.D. Glass, M. Oelgemöller, Environ. Chem. Lett.; 12 (1) (2014) 27-47
- D. Kanakaraju, C. A., Motti, B. D. Glass, et al., Chemosphere. 139 (2015)
- Souza, S. C., G. Santos, I. M.1, Silva, M. R. S., Cássia-Santos, M. R., Soledade, L. E. B., Souza, A. G., Lima, S. J. G., Longo, E., J. Thermal Anal. Calorim. 79, 2005
- I. Langmuir, J Am Chem Soc, (1918), 40: 1361
- C N. Hinshelwood The Kinetics of Chemical Change. Oxford: Clarendon, (1940).
- V.Bežanović, M.Sremački, M. Novaković, D.Štrbac, M.Đogo, I.Mihajlović, IWA- YWP, Budapes(2017.)
- M. Sremački , I. Mihajlović , M. Đogo, N. Maoduš, G. Gajica, M. Vojinović Miloradov, D. Ubavin, ISWA world congress, Novi Sad (2016)