Worm hobs for cutting Novikov gears have the profile of a generating worm, which varies not only in a radius, but also in a sign of curvature. A technique for relieving tooth flanks of these hobs by disk grinding wheel is developed. It allows for bringing together grinding and ground profiles in an axial section of the generating worm as close as possible. A method for calculating setting-ups and profile coordinates of the grinding wheel is given for real production conditions.
- S.A. Lagutin and A.I. Sandler, Grinding of Helical and Relieved Surfaces, Publishing House “Mashinostroyeniye”. (1991)
- A.I. Sandler, S.A. Lagutin and A. V. Verhovski, Manufacturing of Worm Gears, Publishing House “Mashinostroyeniye” 272 p. (2008)
- A.I. Sandler, S.A. Lagutin and E.A. Gudov, Theory and Practice of Manufacturing of General Type Worm Gears, Publishing House “Infra-Engineering” Moscow-Vologda (2016).
- F.L. Litvin and A. Fuentes, Gear Geometry and Applied Theory, Cambridge University Press (2004)
- A.I. Sandler and S.A. Lagutin, Features of Forming Screw and Relief Surfaces for Fluid Friction Worm Gears, International Symposium on Theory and Practice of Gearing, Izhevsk, pp. 375-380 (2014)
- A.I. Sandler and S.A. Lagutin, Relieving the teeth of hobs for cutting the Wildhaber-Novikov gears. The 10th International Conference KOD 2018 “Machine and Industrial Design in Mechanical Engineering”, Novi Sad, Serbia / IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Volume 393, (2018)
- M.L. Novikov, Gears with New Engagement, Publ. VVIA n.a. Zhukovsky (1958)
- V. N. Kudryavtsev, On the issue of Novikov Gearing, In: Research and mastering of gears with Novikov gearing. Publ. House of the USSR Academy of Sciences. pp 33-44. (1960)
- V.I. Korotkin, N.P. Onishkov and Yu. D. Kharitonov Novikov Gearing: Achievements and Development, Nova Science Publishers (2011)
- Yu. N. Stebletsov. A.S. Tarapanov, Wear resistance of the cutting tool when processing Novikov gears. In: Fundamental and applied problems of engineering and technology - Orel: State University - UNPK, - №4 / 3. Pp. 83-86 (2011)