The combined application in a foundry practice of 3D-printing, computer optimization through a virtual casting and modern visualization, by color scales and comparisons allows to be obtained details free of defects from the very first casting. One specific example for a fast optimized casting of a crankcase of aluminum alloy for a turbocharger is shown. The geometry of the detail is of high complexity, developed internal cavities and various wall thicknesses. With the use of three advanced software products, the time to reach the above goal is shortened by about two months and the minimum density in a critical point is increased almost 3 times
- Magma GmbH, www.magmasoft.com, Aachen, Germany
- M.A.A. Khan and A.K. Sheikh, Virtual Casting: State of the Art in Metal Casting Simulation Tools,The Journal of Engineering Research (TJER), Vol. 15, No. 2 (2018) 142-154
- I. Haan und J.C.Sturm, Von der Simulation zur Giess-technichenoptimierung. GIESSEREI 102, 06/2015, 86-100
- METHODS FOR MANUFACTURE OF LAYERED THREE-DIMENSIONAL FORMS, EDERER INGO [DE]; HOECHSMANN RAINER [DE], EP1638758 (B1) ― 2009-08- 12
- ‘https://www.voxeljet.com/3d-printing-systems/vx4000/Unique, patented layering process
- ‘https://www.voxeljet.com/applications/sandcasting/furan-direct-binding/GS 14’
- R. Batchvarov, Ch. Husser, M. Saillard. Optimisation du moulage d’un carter d’engrenages d’un véhicule hybride. La revue forge et fonderie, France, N°11, 2017, p.26-33.