This work develops a multicomponent system comprising unsaturated polyester resin (UPER) hydrophilizing a two-component system of sulfate-resistant cement (SC) and sulfur, diluent water and a redox system. The hydrophilized unsaturated polyester resin (HUPER) so obtained can be used as a basis for polymer-silicate composites with good strength properties, precise embossed printing on the surface of various molds, and good visual characteristics. Polymer-silicate compositions with low and high content of SC were selected, and the constant amount of SC in the two groups obtained corresponded to a gradual change in sulfur content. Time kinetic dependencies of the cross-linking process of unsaturated polyester at a given amount of redox system were monitored. Reproducibility of results for different polymer compositions was achieved thereby enabling a possibility to predict them.
- Fowler, D. W. Polymers in concrete: a vision for the 21st century. Cement and Concrete Composite.1999, 21(5-6), 449-52.
- Vipulanandian, C., E. Paul. Performance of Epoxy and Polyester Polymer Concrete. ACI Materials Journal. 1990,87(3),241-51.
- Maksimov, R.D, L. Jirgens, J. Jansons, E. Plume. Mechanical properties of polyester polymer-concrete. Mechanics of Composite Materials. 1999, 35, 99–110.
- Reda Taha, M., M.Genedy, Y.Ohama. Developments in the Formulation and Reinforcement of Concrete (Second Edition). 17 - Polymer concrete.Woodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering.2019, 391-408.
- Cherkezova, R. Patent №63168 (Bulgaria), applied 1997, issued 2001.
- Paturoev, V. V. , Polymer concrete technology. Stroiizdat, Moscow. 1976, 159.
- Simeonov, I. , Yu Hristova. Polymer concrete. Bulgarian Acad. Sci., Sofia. 1980, 250.