The process of deposition of titanium, zirconium-containing coatings at aluminum alloy 5556 is developed. In the process of performing the work, the basic patterns of coating formation were identified. The solution composition and process parameters were optimized, and the physicochemical properties were investigated. It is shown that passivation of aluminum alloy 5556 in a titanium,zirconium-containing solution increases its corrosion resistance to pitting corrosion. These coatings can replace chromate coatings because of good ability to resist corrosion.
- Abrashov A.A., Grigoryan N.S., Vagramyan T.A., Simonova M.A., Miroshnikov V.S., Arkhipushkin I.A. Surface passivation of 5556 aluminum alloy in solutions based on cerium nitrate. International Journal of Corrosion and Scale Inhibition. 2021. V. 10. No. 1. P. 132-144.
- Kendig M.W., Buchheit R.G. Corrosion Inhibition of Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys by Soluble Chromates, Chromate Coatings, and Chromate-Free Coatings. CORROSION. 2003. 59. No. 5, 379-399.
- Zhao J., Xia L., Sehgal A., Lu D., Effects of chromate conversion coatings on corrosion of aluminium alloy 2024-T3. Surf. Coat. Technol. 2001. V. 140. No.1. P. 51-57.
- Abrashov A., Grigoryan N., Vagramyan T., Asnis N. On the Mechanism of Formation of Conversion Titanium-Containing Coatings. Coatings. 2020. Vol. 10. No 4. 328 (P. 1-11).
- Milosev I., Frankel G.S. Review-Conversion Coatings Based on Zirconium and/or Titanium. Journal of The Electrochemical Society. 2018. V. 165. P. C127-C144.
- Laha, P.; Schram, T.; Terry, H. Use of spectroscopic ellipsometry to study Zr/Ti films on Al. Surf. Interface Anal. 2002. V. 34. P. 677-680.