Change of load-bearing capacity of adhesive joints of unequal materials after climatic test
- 1 Technical University of Košice, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Technology, Materials and Computer Supported Production, Slovakia
- 2 Technical University of Košice, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Automotive Production, Slovakia
The paper provides an overview of the load-bearing capacity of joints of the same and unequal thin steel sheets formed on different pretreated surfaces by adhesive bonding. Four types of surface preparation and rubber-based adhesive were tested. The joints were subjected to a climatic test according to VW: PV1200. The change in the load-bearing capacity of the joints was evaluated on the basis of the force at the joint failure, the type of failure and on the basis of the load to displacement ratio.
- G. Meschut, V. Janzen, T. Olfermann, J. Mater. Eng. Perform.23, 5 (2014), 1515-1523, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665- 014-0962-3
- C.Y. Choi, D.C. Kim, D.G. Nam, Y.D. Kim, Y.D. Park, J. Mater. Sci. Technol. 26, 9 (2010), 858-864, https://doi.org/10.1016/S1005-0302(10)60137-5
- Y. Zhang, C. Wang, H. Shan, Y. Li, Z. Luo, J. Mater. Process. Technol. 259 (2018), 33-44, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2018.04.021
- E. Rodríguez-Vidal, C. Sanz, J. Lambarri, I. Quintana, Opt. Laser Technol. 104 (2018), 73–82, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2018.02.003
- O. Izadi, P. Mosaddegh, M. Silani, M. Dinari, J. Manuf. Process. 30 (2017) 217–225, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmapro.2017.09.022
- K. Martinsen, S.J. Hu, B.E. Carlson, CIRP Ann. Manuf. Technol. 64, 2 (2015) 679–699, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2015.05.006
- E. Ukar, F. Liébana, M. Andrés, I. Marcos, A. Lamikiz, Procedia Manuf. 13 (2017) 671–678, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2017.09.142
- Aluminium Automotive Manual, availableon: https://www.european-aluminium.eu/resource-hub/aluminium-automotive-manual/
- T. Markovits, A. Bauernhuber, Phys. Procedia 56 (2014), 818 –823, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phpro.2014.08.094
- B. Ufferman, T. Abke, M. Barker, A. Vivek, G. S. Daehn, Int. J. Adhes. Adhes. 83 (2018), 96-102, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2018.02.030
- J. Brezinová, A. Guzanová, D. Draganovská, Surface mechanical (Physical) Treatments Prior to Bonding. Handbook of Adhesive Technology: Third Edition. - New York: CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group, 2018 P. 19-66. ISBN 9781498736442
- L. da Silva, D.A. Dillard, B. Blackman, R.D. Adams eds., Testing Adhesive joints, Best Practises, Willey-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2012.
- H. McArthur, D. Spalding, Engineering Materials Science: Properties, Uses, Degradation, Remediation, Woodhead Publishing Ltd., Cambridge, 2004, 608 p.
- D. Kniewald, A. Guzanová, J. Brezinová, J. Adhes. Sci. Technol. 22, 1 (2008), 1-13.