Technological regulation for creating a ceramic target from BaTiO3 gel powders doped with Sn. Temperature dependence of the dielectric permittivity
- 1 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences , ,Institute of Metal Science, Equipment and Technologies with Hydro- and Aerodynamics Centre “Acad. A. Balevski”, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Solid State Physics “G. Nadjakov”, Sofia, BULGARIA
The research is aimed at creating a target from Sn doped barium-titanate ceramics. A technological regulation for the preparation of test bodies from a material synthesized by a low-temperature sol-gel method has been developed. The physicochemical parameters of the samples were determined and the temperature dependence of the dielectric permittivity was monitored. Physicochemical characterization of the samples was performed by X-Ray diffraction (XRD). and scanning electron microscopy (SEM). The preparation of pure BaTiO3 cubic phase was established. The dielectric permittivity of Sn doped barium-titanate possesses a maximum value of 45000 at a Curie temperature- Tc 40oC.
- E. K. Akdogan, M. R. Leonard and A. Safari, "Size Effects in Ferroelectric Ceramics,"
- K. Demarest, Engineering Electromagnetics. Prentice Hall, 1997,
- Anonymous "Agilent 4248A precision LCR meter operation manual," Agilent Technologies, Japan, 2001.
- D. F. K. Hennings, B. Schreinemacher & H. Schreinemacher, High-Permittivity Dielectric Ceramics with High endurance”, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 13 (1994) 81-88.
- C H Ahn 1, K M Rabe, J-M Triscone, Ferroelectricity at the nanoscale: local polarization in oxide thin films and heterostructures”, 2004, Jan 23; 303 (5657): 488-91. doi: 10.1126/science.1092508.
- McNeal MP, Jang S-J, Newnham RE. “The effect of grain and particle size on the microwave properties of barium titanate (BaTiO3)”. J Appl Phys 1998, 83: 3288.
- Shi, T., Xie, L., Gu, L. et al. Why Sn doping significantly enhances the dielectric properties of Ba (Ti1-xSnx)O3. Sci Rep 5, 8606 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1038/srep08606
- S. Upadhyay, V. Reddy, P. Bag, R. Rawat, S. M. Gupta, and A. Gupta Electro-caloric effect in lead free Sn doped BaTiO3 ceramics at room temperature and low applied fields Appl. Phys. Lett. 105, 112907 (2014); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4896044 .
- S. Gattu1, K. Dasari2, V. Kocharlakota, “Structural and Dielectric Properties of Sn Doped Barium Magnesuim Zirconium Titanate Perovskite Ceramics*”, World Journal of Condensed Matter Physics , Vol.5 No.4, November 2015 DOI: 10.4236/wjcmp.2015.54035.
- Wei Xiaoyong,a) Feng Yujun, and Yao X, “Dielectric relaxation behavior in barium stannate titanate ferroelectric ceramics with diffused phase transition”, APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS VOLUME 83, NUMBER 10 8 SEPTEMBER 2003, DOI: 10.1063/1.1609037