High-entropy alloy of Fe-Ti-Cr-Mn-Si-C system, produced by hot forging from powder mixtures of ferroalloys
- 1 Frantsevich Institute for Problems in Materials Science, NAS of Ukrane
The peculiarities of the structure and phase composition of the high-entropy alloy of the TiCrFeMnSiC system obtained from the powder mixture of ferrotitanium, ferrochrome and ferrosilicon-manganese ferroalloys are considered in the work. The technological scheme of alloy production included joint grinding of the mixture in a planetary mill, consolidation of the blanks, their heating to 1100 0C, hot forging on the arc press and subsequent annealing of hot-forged samples at 1200 0C. According to the results of X-ray analysis of the obtained alloy, it was found that the main phase of the alloy is the BCC phase with the parameter of the cubic lattice a = 0.2868 nm, which is a solid solution based on alloying components of the original charge. The phase composition of the composite also recorded ti tanium carbide TiC with FCC lattice with the parameter a = 0.4319 nm, which corresponds to a stoichiometric composition of about TiC0.6 and a small amount of FCC phase of iron-chromium carbide (Cr, Fe)23C6 with lattice parameter a = 1.0645 nm. The material has a high hardness (up to 60-61 HRC), which can provide high resistance of this multicomponent alloy.
- S. Ranganathan. Current Science. 85, 10. (2003).
- J.W. Yeh. Materials Science Forum. 560. (2007).
- J.W. Yeh. Ann. Chim. Sci. Mat. 31. (2006).
- S.A. Firstov, V.F. Gorban, N.A. Krapivka, E.P. Pechkovsky. Vestnik TSU. 18, 4. (2013). (In Russian).
- L.A. Dreval , P.G. Agraval , M.A. Turchanin. News of Donbass State Machine-Building Academy. 1 (32). (2014). (In Russian).
- M.I. Gasik, N.P.Lyakishev. Theory and technology of electrometallurgy of ferroalloys. Textbook. - M.: SP Internet Engineering. (1999). (In Russian).
- O.I. Polyakov, M.I. Gasyk. Electrometallurgy of ferroalloys, special steels and alloys: Textbook / Dnepropetrovsk. - Zhurfond, (2009). (In Ukrainian).
- Y.H. Fan, Y.P, Zhang, H.G. Guan, H.M. Suo, L. He. Rare Metal Materials and Engineering. 42, 6. (2013).
- X.W. Qiu. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 555. (2013).
- G.A. Baglyuk, M.V. Marich, A.A. Mamonova. Metals Science and Metal Processing. 4. (2015). (In Ukrainian).
- M.V. Marych, G.A. Bagliuk, A.A. Mamonova, G.M. Molchanovska, Y.J. Yevich. Materials science. Nonequilibrium phase transformations. 5, 4. (2019).
- S. Guo, S.T. Liu. Progres in material science: Materials international. 21. (2011).
- G. Bagliuk, G. Maksimova, A. Mamonova, D.A. Goncharuk. Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics. 59. (2020).