Energy-saturated materials are considered to be a source of cheap energy, while detonation synthesis is a new promising form of the basic technology for producing nanodiamonds and other super hard and ceramic nanomaterials. Nanodiamonds is a unique product that combines both the properties of diamond and the advantages of nanostructures. The given work investigated the synthesis products, obtained under industrial conditions, while having detonation of a mixture of trinitrotoluene (TNT) with gecsogen (RDX) and RDX with graphite. The sizes of microcrystallites were, estimated by X-ray diffraction analysis and particle grain size according to the measurement of specific surface area, agglomerate in water suspension after treatment by ultrasound. There was, shown the evolution of nanod iamonds particle sizes and microstructures, both in the primary synthesis products and after enrichment from non-diamond forms of carbon and technological impurities. Changes in the microstructure indicate a high reactivity of nanodiamonds. The obtained results can be useful for studying the mechanism of synthesis and practical application of detonation nanodiamonds.
- Sakovich G. V., Komarov V.F. and Petrov E.A. “Synthesis, properties and application of nanosized synthetic diamonds. Part 1. Synthes is and properties,” Superhard. Materials., No. 3, 2002, pp. 3–18.
- Sakovich G. V., Komarov V.F. and Petrov E.A. “Synthesis, properties and application of nanosized synthetic diamonds. Part 2. Application and manufacturing,” Superhard. Materials., No. 4, 2002, pp. 8–23.
- Dolmatov, V. Y. Detonation Synthesis Ultradispersed Diamonds: properties and Applications. Russ. Chem. Rev. 70, 2001, pp. 607–626.
- Lyamkin A. I. et al., “Production of diamond from explosives,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, vol. 302 (3), 1988, pp.705–706.
- Griener F. E. et al.,“Diamonds in detonation soot,” Nature, vol. 333 (172), 1988, pp.440–442.
- Drobyshev V.N., “Detonation synthes is of superhard materials,“ Combustion, Explosion and Shock Waves, vol. 19(5), 1983, pp. 677-678.
- Petrov E.A., Kolesova A.A., Pribavkin A.B., “Properties of nanodiamonds of industrial detonation synthesis”: International scientific journal "Machines. Technologies. Materials." 13(8), 2019, pp. 373-375.
- Vereschagin A. L., Sakovich G. V., Komarov V. F., and Petrov E.A., “Properties of ultrafine d iamond clusters from detonation synthesis,” Diamond and Related Materials, No. 3, 1993, pp.160–162.
- Danilenko V.V., “Explosion: phys ics, engineering, technology”, Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 2010, 784 p.
- Petrov E.A., Sakovich G. V., Brylyakov P. M., “Condition of diamonds safety under detonation synthesis,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, vol. 313(4),1990, pp. 862–864.
- Solovyeva K.N., Kolesova A.A., Petrov E.A., Khimich, M.A. „The texture of the surface and substructure of industrial detonation nanodiamonds‟ No. 6 (34), 2020, pp. 96-100.