Albania has a significant potential of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) and therefore represents a promising energy source for Albania. The use of PV for electricity generation supports the long-term objective of the country’s energy policies set out in the national energy strategy 2018-2030, including support for the development of economic sectors, increasing security of energy supply and environmental protection. The use of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) will help reduce dependence on energy imports and increase the security of energy supply, with quality and without interruption. The possible benefits generated by the PV system implementation for the selected region should be highlighted, as well as the effects of the most sensitive parameters. The solar potential in Tërbuf-Divjakë showed that PV can be the best solution to provide electricity installed on saline non-agricultural lands near the Adriatic coast.
- Malka, L., Konomi, I., Gjeta, A., Drenova, S., Gjikoka, J. (2020), An approach to the large-scale integration of wind energy in Albania. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, 10(5), 327-343
- RETScreen. Financial and risk analysis, 2004. Retrieved: July 20, 2015 from URL: http://www.retscreen.net/ang/financial_and_risk_analysi s_with_retscreen.php
- Solar database and PV software©2022 Solargis
- ERE. (2020), Republika e Shqiperise, Gjendja e Sektorit të Energjisë në Shqipëri dhe Veprimtaria e ERE-s Gjatë Vitit 2020. Available from: https://www.ere.gov.al/doc/raporti_vjetor_ere_2020.pdf
- Strategjia Kombëtare e Energjisë. (2018-2030), Available from: http:// www.kesh.al/admini/pdflinks/86.pdf
- Renewable energy market update, IEA, Paris https://www.iea.org/reports/renewable-energy-market-update