Nickel aluminum bronze with the composition CuAl9Ni3Fe3 was investigated in this paper. After casting, the alloy was annealed at 900 °C followed by quenching. Thermodynamic calculation of the existing phases was performed using the ThermoCalc software. Quenched NAB samples were further aged for 1 h at 300 °C, 350 °C, and 400 °C. During the experiment, the values of hardness and microhardness were examined using standardized Vickers measurement methods. Microstructural analysis was performed using scanning electron microscopy equipped with an energy-dispersive spectrometer. During the precipitation hardening, β’ martensite eutectoidly decomposed into α and κ phases causing an increase in mechanical properties.
- Jain P., P. K. Nigam, J. Mech. Eng., 4 (6) (2013) 16-21.
- Chen R., Z. Liang, W. Zhang, D. Zhang, Z. Luo, Y. Li, T. Nonferr. Metal Soc., 17 (2007) 1254-1258.
- Ding D., Z. Pan, S. van Duin, H. Li, C. Shen, Materials, 9 (2016), 652.
- Pisare B. P., Arch. Foundry Eng., 12 (2012), 187-204.
- Łabanowski J., T. Olkowski, Arch. Foundry Eng., 14 (2014), 73-78.
- Lv Y., M. Hu, L. Wang, X. Xu, Y. Han, W. Lu, J. Mater. Res., 30 (20) (2015) 30401-30408.
- Fuller M.D., S. Swaminathan, A.P. Zhilyaev, T.R. McNelley, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 463 (2007) 128-137.
- Brezina P., Int. Mater. Rev., 27 (1) (1982) 77-120.
- Liu Y., J. Mazumder, K. Shibata, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 25 (1) (1994) 37-46.
- Lin G., H. Wang, Y. Wei, Z. Zhang, K. Zhou, J. Mater. Res., 31 (24) (2016) 3832-3840.
- Thossatheppitak B., S. Suranuntchai, V. Uthaisangsuk, A. Manonukul, P. Mungsuntisuk, Adv. Mat. Res., 683 (2013) 82-89.
- Sláma P., J. Dlouhý, M. Kövér, Mater. Tehnol., 48 (2014) 599-604.
- Lv Y., L. Wang, X. Xu, W. Lu, Metals, 5 (2015) 1695- 1703
- Shirazabad M.M., A. Karimi, A. Babakhani, Proceedings of 3th International Conference on Materials Heat Treatments, 2012, 51.