The effect of different heat treatments on the microstructure and mechanical properties of the C45 and S355J2 steel forgings has been presented. Samples of the same forgings, but subjected to the different heating treatments, were prepared and tested by using opticalmicroscopy, tensile machine, and hardness tester. It was observed that the requested mechanical properties of the forgings and uniform structure can be achieved by determining the appropriate heating treatment parameters.
- Q. Ma, Z.-q. Lin and Z.-q. Yu, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., 40, 3, 253-260, (2009)
- R. Neves Penha, J. Vatavuk, A. A. Couto, S. A. de Lima Pereira, S. A. de Sousa, L. d. C.F. Canale, Eng Fail Anal., 53, 59- 68, (2015)
- A. Nagode, A. Resnik, R. Vertnik, M. Bizjak, B. Kosec, M. Gojić, G. Kosec, B. Šarler, B. Zorc, Kovove Mater., 55, 51–56, (2017)
- N. Kozlov and O. Keßler, Int. J. Therm. Sci., 101, 133-142, (2016)
- G. E. Totten, Ed., Steel Heat Treatment Handbook, (CRC Taylor & Francis Group, (2007)
- M. M. Blaoui, M. Zemri, and A. Brahami, Mech. Mech. Eng., 22, 4, 909-918, (2018)
- D. A. Fadare, T. G. Fadara, O. Y. Akanbi, J Miner Mater Char Eng., 10, 3, 299-308, (2011)