Method for repair and recovery of defected industrial reinforced concrete structures through an effective thin repair overlay
- 1 Institute of Mecahnics, BAS, Sofia, Bulga
- 2 Design Buro Pro-6, Varna, Bulgaria
The bearing monolithic reinforced construction of “Open Fuel Storage” of SOLVAY SODY AD, Devnya, has been operated for more than 40 years in conditions of extreme stress and external aggressive factors. All this has logically led to the presence of serious corrosion damages. The basic requirements for developing a technical solution for repair and restoration of defect structures retaining walls (assembly type), supporting beams and columns, is the bringing of the technical characteristics of the reinforced concrete structure in its initial (design) or better condition. The report discusses the features of the proposals as the most effective technological method for repair, based on the possibilities for the formless construction of a new special thin repair concrete layer restoring the original cross-section, applied with the methods of “wet” shotcreting. A composition of high -tech concrete with the participation of an internal crystallization chemical admixture and a shrinkage-compensating one suitable for shotcrete is proposed. Specific details have been developed for the renovation of the individual structural elements, as well as optimal technological regulations for the implementat ion of the repair.
- Naidenov V., M. Mironova, I. Rostovsky, Investigation on the efficiency of internal crystallization chemical admixtures for cement concrete - mechanical characteristics, Materials, Methods & Technologies ISSN 1314-7269, Volume 14, 2020 (25-31)
- Naidenov V., M. Mironova, I. Rostovsky, Investigation on the efficiency of internal crystallization chemical admixtures for cement concrete – structural characteristics, International Scientific Journal “Machines. Technologies. Materials”, Issue 3/2020, Year XIV, ISSN Print 1313-30226, ISSN Web 1314-507X (114-128).
- Naidenov V., M. Mironova, Opportunities for drying shrinkage minimizing in fiber-reinforced concrete overlays for repairing of corroded industrial structures, Materials, Methods & Technologies ISSN 1314-7269, Volume 14, 2020 (32-40)