At present, various types of steel grades are used in the production of welded structures and assemblies, resp. combinations of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. In these mutual combinations, it is necessary to know the specifics of weldability of both materials, to choose a suitable welding technology and a suitable filler material. In the experimental part, the quality of heterogeneous welded joints was verified by the GMAW method. A protective gas atmosphere of 82% Ar + 18% CO2 was used for welding (M21 – ISO 14175: 2008). The possibilities of welding and mutual combinations of austenitic stainless steel with structural non-alloy steel, structural alloyed high-strength steel with structural non-alloy steel were assessed. The quality of welds was evaluated using non-destructive and destructive tests in terms of standards: visual test STN EN ISO 17637, capillary penetration test STN EN ISO 22476-12, internal errors were evaluated using radiation tests STN EN ISO 17636-1. The destructive tests used the tensile test STN EN ISO 6892-1, the weld fracture test STN EN ISO 5173 and the Vickers hardness test STN EN ISO 6507-1, the bending impact test STN EN ISO 9016 and the metallographic analysis according to STN EN ISO 17639.
- M. Sadeghian, M. Shamanian, A. Shafyei:. Materials & Design 60 (2014), pp. 678-684.
- L. Binglin, J. Y. Richard Liew, A. L. Hoang: Engineering Structures 200 (2019), pp. 256-263.
- A. Behera: Materials Today: Proceedings (2020), pp. 1-5.
- C. Zhu, J. Cheon, X. Tang, S. Na, F. Lu, H. Cui Effect of swing arc on molten pool behaviors in narrow-gap GMAW of 5083 Al-alloy J. Mater. Process. Technol., 259 (2018), pp. 243-258
- D. Chen, M. Chen, C. Wu Effects of phase difference on the behavior of arc and weld pool in tandem P-GMAW J. Mater. Process. Technol., 225 (2015), pp. 45-55
- K. Wu, T. Yin, N. Ding, M. Zeng, Z. Liang Effect of phase on the behavior of metal transfer in double-wire pulsed GMAW Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., 97 (2018), pp. 3777-3789
- K. Wu, N. Ding, T. Yin, M. Zeng, Z. Liang Effects of single and double pulses on microstructure and mechanical properties of weld joints during high-power double-wire GMAW J. Manuf. Process., 35 (2018), pp. 728-734
- J. Chen, Y. Zhang, C. Wu, G. Padhy Suppression of undercut defects in high-speed GMAW through a compound magnetic field J. Mater. Process. Technol., 274 (2019), p. 116288
- R. Zong, J. Chen, C. Wu A comparison of TIG-MIG hybrid welding with conventional MIG welding in the behaviors of arc,
- droplet and weld pool J. Mater. Process. Technol., 270 (2019), pp. 345-355
- M.J. Bermingham, D.H. Stjohn, J. Krynen, S. Tedman-jones, M.S. Dargusch Acta Materialia promoting the columnar to equiaxed transition and grain re fi nement of titanium alloys during additive manufacturing Acta Mater., 168 (2019), pp. 261-274
- P. Kazanas, P. Deherkar, P. Almeida, H. Lockett, S. Williams Fabrication of geometrical features using wire and arc additive manufacture Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. Part B J. Eng. Manuf., 226 (2012), pp. 1042-1051
- A.R. Mcandrew, M. Alvarez, P.A. Colegrove, J.R. Hönnige, A. Ho, R. Fayolle, K. Eyitayo, I. Stan, P. Sukrongpang, A. Crochemore, Z. Pinter Interpass rolling of Ti-6Al-4V wire + arc additively manufactured features for microstructural re fi nement Addit. Manuf., 21 (2018), pp. 340-349
- Z. Sun, Y. Lv, B. Xu, Y. Liu, J. Lin, K. Wang Investigation of droplet transfer behaviours in cold metal transfer (CMT) process on welding Ti-6Al-4V alloy Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., 80 (2015), pp. 2007-2014
- Effect of shielding gas on metal transfer and weld morphology in pulsed current MAG welding of carbon steel Journal of Materials Processing Tech., 262 (2018), pp. 382-391
- Weldability of austenitic stainless steel by metal arc welding with different shielding gas Procedia Structural Integrity, 2 (2016), pp. 3508-3514
- Effects of shielding gas on GMAW of 10Ni5CrMoV HSLA Steel using high Cr-Ni austenitic wire Journal of Materials Processing Tech, 259 (2018), pp. 116-125
- Fatigue life of GMAW and PAW welding joints of boron microalloyed stells Procedia Materials Science, 9 (2015), pp. 419-427
- Adaptive control of deposited height in GMAW- based layer additive manufacturing Journal of Materials processing Technology, 214 (2) (2014), pp. 962-968
- Wire + arc additive manufacturing Materials Science and Technology, 32 (2016), pp. 641-647
- Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing Ti6Al4V Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A., 44 (2) (2013), pp. 968-977