Foam ceramic blocks with low thermal conductivity suitable for the construction of roads and urban square pavements and non-load-bearing partition walls
- 1 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Metal Science, Equipment, and Technologies with Center for Hydro- and Aerodynamics “Acad. A. Balevski”, Sofia, Bulgaria
Lightweight porous ceramic has a number of advantages over the tightly sintered one depending on the field of application. As a building material with low thermal conductivity and good sound insulation properties, foam ceramic is a suitable material for the production of thermal and sound insulation panels, partition walls, as well as for layers laid under asphalt to protect road and urban square pavements from freezing. As a filling, foamed ceramic materials are also added during the production of lightweight concrete used in construction and architecture and in the manufacture of decorative and non-structural insulation elements. In the present study we consider the characteristics of marl clay, found around the village of Lovets near the town of Shumen, with coal as a foaming additive, and the technological regulation for the manufacture of foam ceramic blocks.
- Roces, E.,Muniz-Menendez, M.,Gonzalez-Galindo, J.,Estaire, J. Lightweightexpandedclayaggregatepropertiesbasedonlaboratorytesti ng. Construction and Building Materials. 313. 2021.
- Марковска И., Богданов Б., Христов Я., Георгиев Д., Русев Д.: Олекотени керамични материали с пълнител от боотпадъци. Научни трудове на Русенския Университет, том 49, серия 9.1, 2009, страници: 70-74.
- Berkowicz-Płatek, G., Leski, K., Zukowski, W., Wrona, J. Processingoflow-densitywasteinfluidizedbedmadeoutoflightweightexpandedclayaggr egate. JournalofCleanerProduction. 349. 2022.
- Steiner, A. Foam glass production from vitrified municipal waste fly ashes. Eindhoven. 2006. ISBN 90-386-2748-3. p.p. 139-169.
- B. T. Jivov, Y. B. Dimitriev, E. P. Kashchieva, C. T. Petkov,„Glasses and Glass Ceramics in the System P2O5-B2O3- Ag2O”, Physics and Chemistry of Glasses, 41 (6), 2000,pp. 352- 354.
- Petkov, V.; Dimitrova, R.; Lakov, L. Structure and composition of innovative porous composite material. Machines, Technologies, Materials. Issue 8. 2020. p.p. 362-365.