The paper discusses the experience of work of specialists of the consortium as part of the INP AS (Tashkent, Uzbekistan), JSC “National Technical Physics and Automation Research Institute” and CJSC “Mounting Firm “Radiy” (Moscow, Russia) at utilization of 96 pieces of sources GIK-7-2 Co-60 of gamma installations of “RKhM-gamma-20” and “Issledovatel”, including 2 emergency sources Co-60, their burial in specialization point for radioactive waste. Also, the experience of specialists in the elimination of emergency situation with recharge a highly active source of GIK 8-4 Co-60 for radiation gamma therapy from emergency holder with crack to a new holder from depleted uranium. The reason for the appearance of a crack on the body of the Co-60 source holder is discussed.
- Code of Conduct on the Safety and Security of Radioactive Sources. Vein. IAEA. 24 (2004)
- Gamma-installation "Issledovatel". Technical description and instructions of operation. Moscow. 30 (1969)
- SanPiN No. 0193-06. Radiation safety standards and basic sanitary rules for ensuring radiation safety. Tashkent. 92 (2006)
- Ergashev Kh.A., Makhkamov Sh.M. Ashrapov U.T. Leak test method source of ionizing radiation. Patent of the Republic Uzbekistan, № 4943 (1997)
- International Standard ISO 9978-92. Radionuclide ionizing radiation sealed sources. Leakage test methods. Washington. USA. 11 (1992)
- Karnozov A.A. Issues of protection of fissile materials in nuclear charges. Solving the plutonium problem. JSC "High-tech Research Institute of Inorganic Materials named after Academician A.A. Bochvar". Digest of articles. 92-97 (2000). http://elib.biblioatom.ru/text/vniinm-50_t4_2000/go,2.
- Information Circular of the IAEA. The Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Material (1980). https://www.iaea.org/sites/default/files/infcirc274r1.pdf
- Ashrapov U.T., Doroshenko A.A., Nesterov V.P., Tashmetov M.Yu., Filatov K.V. Questions nuclear science and technology Moscow. 76. 53-56 (2017)
- IAEA. News of the scientific portal "Atomic Energy 2.0" https://www.atomic-energy.ru/news/2016/05/20/66073