Two-layer diamond-hard alloy plate is the cutting element of the drill bit and consists of a layer of polycrystalline diamond compact (PDC) binded with the superhard alloy substrate (WC-Co). PDC tools are now actively used in the drilling of mineral resources for the search and production of hydrocarbons.
Full-scale tests of PDC cutters in PDC bits have shown that their strength, wearability, and especially heat resistance, are determined by the quality of the contact layer (interface) between the PDC and the substrate. In the work, the interface of the diamond layer and the substrate of two-layer diamond plates made on the installation based on a multi-punch press GY850 was investigated by laser-ultrasonic flaw detection.
- Wentorf R., R. Devries, F. Bundy. Sintered Superhard Materials. Science. 208, (1980), P. 873.
- Besson A., B. Berr, Dillard et al. Oil and Gas Review. (Shlumberge, 2002), P. 4.
- Sergeichev K., Uspekhi Prikladnoi Fiziki. Diamond CVD coatings of cutting tools (review). 3, (2015), P. 324.
- Zhan G., A. Patin, R. Pillai, et al., in Proc. IADC/SPE Drilling Conference, IADC. Global leadership. Global challenges. (2014, Castagna, FEI).
- Prokhorov V., Pozdnyakov A, Kravchuk K., Morokov E. Machines, Technologies, Materials. Issue 7, (2019), P. 294.
- Prokhorov V., G. Pivovarov. Ultrasonics. 51, (2011), P. 715.
- Prokhorov V., V. Blank, D. Ovsyannikov, M. Popov, V. Levin, E. Morokov. Machines, Technologies, Materials. Issue 22, (2015), P.44.