Corrosion mechanism and rate of different chemical composition and structural condition of wheel steel were investigated. It was shown that “white layers”, variation in grain size and banding of wheel steel structure results in corrosion rate. Microstructure of steel from different elements of railway wheels after operation with corrosion was investigated. Wheel steel with addition of vanadium corroded more quickly than steel without vanadium. Non-metallic inclusions are the centres of corrosion nucleation and their influence on corrosion depends on type of inclusion. Mechanism of corrosion of wheel steel corrosion was discussed.
- Feraud P., Viet J., Diener M., Grab M.. Influence of corrosion on the behavior of wheelsets in service // The 15-th International Wheelset Congress (October 2007): Praga.Chesh. Repub, 2007, pp. 308-314.
- . Beretta S., Carboni M., LoConte A.. Impact of corrosion upon fatigue properties of ainsteel // The 15-th International Wheelset Congress (October 2007): Praga.Chesh. Repub, 2007, pp. 294-300.
- Resource and maintainability of wheelsets of rolling stock of railways / Vorobyov A.A., Gubenko S.I., Ivanov I.A. and others // Moscow: INFRA-M, 2011. – 264 p.
- Influence of the structure and mechanical characteristics of wheel steels on the wear and modes of restoration of the profile of wheel sets /V.S. Kushner, A.A. Kutko, A.A. Vorobyov, S.I. Gubenko, I.A. Ivanov. // Omsk: ed. OmGTU, 2015. - 221 p.
- Bogdanov A.F., Gubenko S.I., Zhukov D.A., Ivanov I.A. Surface layer and operational properties of the solid-rolled wheel rim \\ Structural and technological support of the reliability of the wheels of rail vehicles. Sat scientific. tr. PGUPS, St. Petersburg, 2009, pp. 15-23.
- Changes in the rim surface and wheel life during operation / Bogdanov A.F., Budyukin A.M., Gubenko S.I., Ivanov I.A., Urushev S.V. // Structural and technological support of the reliability of the wheels of rail vehicles. Sat scientific. tr. PGUPS, St. Petersburg, 2009, pp. 23-40.
- Bogdanov A.F., Gubenko S.I., Zhukov D.A., Ivanov I.A.. Surface Layer and Performance Properties of Solid Wheel Rim // Transport and engineering. Railway Transport, Scientific Proceedings of Riga Technical University, 2008, N 30, pp. 56-61.
- Gubenko S.I., Pinchuk S.I., Belaya E.V.. Investigation of non-metallic inclusion effect on corrosion behavior of wheel steel. Metallurgical and Mining Industry, 2011, N 3 (2), рp. 63-66.
- Gubenko S. I.. Influence of Nonmetallic Inclusions and Corrosion Products on the Wear Resistance of Railroad Wheels. Steel in Translation, 2019, v. 49, N. 6, p. 427–431.
- Pinchuk S., Gubenko S., Belaya E.. Correlation between electrochemical corrosion and structural state of steel by simulation of operation conditions of railway wheels. Chemistry & Chemical Technology. Publishing House of Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2010, № 4 (2), р[. 151-158.
- Karpenko G.V. , Vasilenko II. Corrosion cracking of steels. K .: Technique, 1971. - 191 p.
- Taran Yu. N., Esaulov V. P., Gubenko S. I. Increase of wear-resistanceof railway wheels with different profile of trea. Metallurgical and Minning Industry, 2000, N 2, pp. 42-44.
- Taran Yu. N., Esaulov V. P., Gubenko S. I. Structural changes in rims of railway wheels with different profile of tread. News of Higher Education. Black Metallurgy, 2989, N 9, pp. 101-105
- Gubenko S., Proidak Y .. Investigation of wear mechanism of tread during operation of railway wheels. Transport problems, 2012, N 7, pр. 119-125.
- Wear reduction on working surface of railway wheels / Taran Y, Yessaulov V, Sladkovsky A, Kozlovsky A, Gubenko S. WIT Transactions on Modelling and Simulation, 1970, v. 23, N 1, pp. 45-52.
- Savrukhin A.V., Neklyudov A.N., Efimov R.A. Modeling of the thermal loading of solid-rolled wheels. World of Transport, 2014, N 5, pp. 22-30.
- Stresses-deformed state of railway wheels of different design / Taran Uy., Esaulov V., Gubenko S., Sladkovsky A., Staroseletsky M. // Proceedings of the 13-th International Wheelset Congress (17-21 Sept. 2001). Rome: Italy, 2001, pp. 305-311.
- An Analysis of Stress and Strain in Freight Car Wheels. / Sladkovsky A., Yessaulov V., Shmurygin N., Taran Y., Gubenko S. Transactions on Modelling and Simulation, 1997, N 16, pр. 15-24.
- Rail vehicle dynamics and associated problems: monograph / Sladkowski A., Gubenko S., Pogorelov D., Iwnicki S., Licciardello R.V. Gliwice: Silesian University of Technology, 2005, 187 ppр.
- Improving the performance of wheel sets of rolling stock / Valinsky O.S., Vorobyov A.A., Gubenko S.I., Ivanov I.A., Kerentsev D.E. Krotov SV , Urushev S.V. // Kazan, Izd.OOO "Buk", 2022. - 324 p.
- Ivanov I.A., Gubenko S.I., Kononov D.P. Surface of machine and mechanism parts. St. Petersburg: LAN, 2021. - 156 p.
- Gubenko Svetlana. Physical nature of the plasticity and strengthening of metals under deformation. Germany-Mauritius, Beau Bassin,: LAP LAMBERT Academic publishing, 2020. - 341 p.
- Gubenko S.I., Oshkadepov S.P. Non-metallic inclusions in steel. – Kiev: Naukova dumka, 2016. - 528 p.