Complex electrical impedance and dielectric spectroscopy studies of BaTiO3- BaSnO3 ceramics obtained via sol-gel method.
- 1 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Metal Science, Equipment and Technologies with Hydro- and Aerodynamics Centre ―Acad. A. Balevski, Bulgaria
- 2 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Solid State Physics ―G. Nadjakov, Bulgaria
In view of the practical applications of the piezoelectric ceramics produced from barium titanate (BaTiO3) and barium stannate (BaSnO3), (the BT-BS system), the dielectric behavior of such materials was studied. The starting components (powder of both BaTiO3 and BaSnO3) were synthesizedand structurally characterized in аdvance. Bulk samples of BT-BS (formed as tablets with addition of PVA plasticizer) were prepared using the sol-gel method by varying the BT-BS composition percentage. The samples were characterized by complex electrical impedance spectroscopy and dielectric spectroscopy in the frequency range from 0.1 Hz to 1 MHz. As compared to BaTiO3, an increase with at least 50 % was measured for the value of the room-temperature dielectric constant (e′ – the real part of the dielectric permittivity) of the BT-BS samples containing 15 wt% BaSnO3. In contrast, the 50 wt% content of BaSnO3 led to a decrease of ′ value of BT-BS by a factor of 3.5, due to relatively low e′ value of BaSnO3. Analyses of the frequency spectra of complex electrical impedance and complex dielectric permittivity revealed the dielectric relaxational behavior of the BaTiO3+BaSnO3 system. The results obtained for ′ of BT-BS dielectrics as a function of the temperature were correlated with the data from structural studies. In particular, a specific enhancement of e′ was observed in temperature range around 120C for the BT-BS samples containing 15 wt% BaSnO3. Corresponding conclusions were done. The effects observed show that the synthesized BaTiO3-BaSnO3 ceramics are promising materials for piezoelectric and dielectric applications, e.g., in energy storage devices.
- Eric A. Gabilondo, Shaun O'Donnell, Rachel Broughton, Jacob L. Jones, Paul A. Maggard,‖ Synthesis and stability of Sn (II)-containing perovskites: (Ba,SnII)HfIVO3 versus (Ba,SnII)SnIVO3‖, Journal of Solid State Chemistry, (2021), 302.
- Amine Bendahhou, Pascal Marchet, Soufian El Barkany, Mohamed Abou-Salama, ―Structural and impedance spectroscopic study of Zn-substituted Ba5CaTi2Nb8O30 tetragonal tungsten bronze ceramics‖, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Elsevier, 2021, 882, pp.160-716.
- Jinyu Lu, Gang He 1, Jin Yan, Zhenxiang Dai , Ganhong Zheng 1, Shanshan Jiang, Lesheng Qiao, Qian Gao, Zebo Fang, ―Interface Optimization and Transport Modulation of Sm2O3/InP Metal Oxide Semiconductor Capacitors with Atomic Layer Deposition-Derived Laminated Interlayer‖, Journal Nanomaterials, 2021, 11, 3443.
- Fayaz Hussain, Amir Khesro, Raz Muhammad, Dawei Wang, ―Effect of Ta-doping on functional properties of K0.51Na0.49NbO3 ―, 2019, Materials Research Express 6, 106309.
- Kezhen Yin, Jingwei Zhang, Zhenpeng Li, Jingxing Feng, Ci Zhang, Xinyue Chen, Andrew Olah, Donald E. Schuele, Lei Zhu , Eric Baer, ―Polymer multilayer films for high temperature capacitor application‖, Journal of applied polymer science, 2018, DOI: 10.1002/app.47535.
- Dong, N., Gao, X., Xia, F., Liu, H., Hao, H. & Zhang, S. (2019). Dielectric and Piezoelectric Properties of Textured Lead- Free Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3-Based Ceramics. Crystals, 9 (4), 9040206-1- 9040206-11.
- L. Zhang, Y. Pu, M. Chen, Ultra-high energy storage performance under low electric fields in Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3-based relaxor ferroelectrics for pulse capacitor applications, Ceram. Int. 46 (2020) 98–105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2019.08.238.
- Hend Kacem, Ah. Dhahri, Mohamed Amara Gdaiem, Z. Sassi, L. Seveyrat, L. Lebrun, V. Perrin, J. Dhahri, ―Electrocaloric properties of lead-free ferroelectric ceramic near room temperature‖, Applied Physics A (2021) pp127:483.
- Dash Smaranika, Pradhan Dhiren K., Kumari Shalini, Ravikant None, Rahaman Md. Mijanur, Cazorla C., Brajesh Kumar, Kumar Ashok, Thomas Reji, Rack Philip D., Pradhan Dillip K., ―Enhanced ferroelectric and piezoelectric properties of BCT-BZT at the morphotropic phase boundary driven by the coexistence of phases with different symmetries‖, (2021) Physical Review B, Volume: 104; Journal Issue: 22.
- Luo Huajie, Qi He, Sun Shengdong, Wang Lu, Ren Yang, Liu Hui, Deng Shiqing Chen Jun, Structural origin for the high piezoelectric performance of (Na0.5 Bi0.5)TiO3-BaTiO3-BiAlO3 lead-free ceramics, Journal Acta Materialia Volume: 218, (2021) doi.org/10.1016/j.actamat.2021.117202.
- F Medjaldi, A Bouabellou, Y Bouachiba, A Taabouche, K Bouatia and H Serrar, ―Study of TiO2, SnO2 and nanocomposites TiO2:SnO2 thin films prepared by sol-gel method: Successful elaboration of variable– refractive index system‖, Mater. Res. Express 7 (2020) 016439.
- B. Wodecka-Du´s, M. Adamczyk-Habrajska, T. Goryczka, D. Bochenek, ―Chemical and Physical Properties of the BLT4 Ultra Capacitor—A Suitable Material for Ultracapacitors‖, Materials 2020, 13, 659; doi: 10.3390 /ma13030659.
- Tae Yeon Kim, Je Oh Choi, Gopinathan Anoop, Jaegyu Kim, Seong Min Park, Shibnath Samanta, Wooseon Choi, Young- Min Kim, Seungbum Hong , Ji Young Jo, ―(111)-oriented Sn-doped BaTiO3 epitaxial thin films for ultrahigh energy density capacitors‖, Ceramics International, Available online 15 June 2021, 0272-8842.
- Lyuben Lakov, Mihaela Aleksandrova, Vladimir Blaskov, Yordan Marinov, Veselin Petkov, „Technological regulation for creating a ceramic target from BaTiO3 gel powders doped with Sn. Temperature dependence of the dielectric permittivity‖, Machines. Technologies. Materials. Vol. 15 (2021), Issue 4, pg(s) 155-157.
- Mihaela Aleksandrova, Bojidar Jivov, Lyuben Lakov, „Summary of sol-gel synthesis of materials with electronic applications‖, International Scientific Journal Materials Science. Non-Equilibrium Phase Transformations, Year VI, Issue 3 / 2020, Scienticic Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering INDUSTRY 4.0, 2020, ISSN:ISSN PRINT 2367-749X, ISSN WEB 2534-8477, 83-85.
- Ku Noor Dhaniah Ku Muhsen, Rozana Aina Maulat Osman, Mohd Sobri Idris, ―The efects of Ca, Zr and Sn substitutions into a ternary system of BaTiO3–BaSnO3–BaZrO3 towards its dielectric and piezoelectric properties‖: a review, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, Published online, june 2020.