Simulation of toolpaths and program verification of a CNC lathe machine tool
- 1 Faculty of Mechanical Engineering „Goce Delcev‟ University, Stip, Republic of North Macedonia
This paper presents the simulation and verification of programs created for the CNC Hitachi Seiki Seicos LIII lathe machine tool. The main purpose of program simulation and verification is to ensure the quality and accuracy of the cutting process, which can significantly improve production efficiency. In addition to defining the toolpath, simulation can perform linear and circular interpolation according to specific programs based on G – codes. Therefore, all the motions of the moving parts of the real lathe machine tool can be clearly visualized. The use of simulation is a good solution not only to precise the toolpath, but also verify the program and detect any possible collision between cutting tools and mobile components, before loading the program into the lathe machine tool and starting cutting processes.
- S. Suh, S. Kang, D. Chung, I. Stroud, Theory and Design of CNC Systems (Springer - Verlag, London, 2008), pp.278
- P. Radhakrishnan, S. Subramanyan, V. Raju, CAD/CAM/CIM, 3th ed., (New Age International Publishers, New Delhi, 2008), pp. 403
- D. E. Kandray, Programmable Automation Technologies: An Introduction to CNC, Robotics ans PLCs (Industrial Press, United States of America, 2010), pp.120
- K. Evans, Programming of CNC Machines, 4th ed., (Industrial Press, United States of America, 2016), pp. 311
- P.R.Nair, H. Khokhawat, R.G. Chittawadigi, Int. Con. Ro. S. Ma. 133, 823-830 (2018)
- S. Zivanovic, N. Slavkovic, Z. Dimic, G. Vasilic, R. Puzovic, D. Milutinovic, 6th ICMEN, 41-51 (2017)
- L. N. B. Misman, (2017). Application Of Cnc Simulator For CNC Machining Via CAD/CAM [dissertation], 35.
- M. P. Groover, Fundamentals of Modern Manufacturing: Materials, Processes, and Systems, 4th ed., (John Wiley & Sons, United States of America, 2010), pp.483-485
- G. Globocki Lakić, D. Kramar, J. Kopać, Metal Cutting: Theory and Applications (University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, 2014), pp. 6
- U. Sellgren, Simulation-driven design: motives, means, and opportunities, [Doctoral thesis], 1999
- E. Trent, P. Wright, Metal Cutting, 4th ed., (Butterworth– Heinemann, United States of America, 2000), pp. 32
- S. Kalpakjian, S. R. Schmid, Manufacturing Engineering and Technology, 6th ed., (Prentice Hall, United States of America, 2009), pp.575
- D. M. Yip-Hoi, 120th ASSE Ann. Co. Expo. 6201, 23.1336-1 – 15 (2013)
- H. Yau, J. Chen, B. Yu, T. Yang, Int. Con. Sim. Mod. Methodol., 717-724 (2014)
- S. Zivanovic, N. Slavkovic, B. Kokotovic, D. Milutinovic, Int. J. Eng, 1854, 189 – 194 (2017).