The electrochemical corrosion properties in a 3% NaCl solution of the titanium-based multicomponent composite of the 65TiH2–30FeSiMn–B4C system were investigated. The kinetics and the mechanism of anode dissolution of metals and oxidation of specimens have been studied by using polarization curves, chemical and x-ray phase analyses. It was found a decrease in the titanium carbide peaks on the X-Ray defractions also the titanium silicon carbide almost disappears after immersing the sample in a 3% NaCl solution. Formation of silicon and boride phases of titanium in the synthesis process leads to an increase in corrosion resistance due to the inhibition of the velocities of both the anode and cathode processes.
- Froes F. H., Eylon D. Powder-Metallurgy of Titanium Alloys // Int. Mater. Rev. – 1990. – Vol., 35, (3). – P. 162–182.
- Liu Y., Chen L. F., Tang H. P., Liu C. T., Liu B., Huang B. Y. Design of Powder Metallurgy Titanium Alloys and Composites // Materials Science and Engineering. A. – 2006. – Vol. A418, (1– 2). P. 25–35.
- Whittaker D. Powder Processing, Consolidation and Metallurgy of Ttanium // Powder Metallurgy. – 2012. – Vol. 55; No. 1. – Р. 6-10.
- Ivasyshyn O.M., Bagliuk G.A., Stasyuk O.O., Savvakin D.G. The Peculiarities of Structure Formation Upon Sintering of TiH2+TiВ2 Powder Blends // Physics and Сhemistry of Solid State. - 2017. - Vol. 18, No. 1. - P. 15-20.
- Bagliuk G.A., Stasyuk A.A., Savvakin D.G. Structure and Phase Composition of Sintered Alloys Obtained From Powder Mixtures of the TiH2+TiB2 System // Powder Metallurgy: Surface Engineering, New Powder Materials. Quarrel. - Minsk: "Belarusian Science", 2017. - P. 347-359.
- Ming Zhu, Rui Wang, Chen Chen, Haibin Zhang and Guojun Zhangc Electrochemical Study on the Corrosion Behavior of Ti3SiC2 in 3.5% NaCl Solution // RSC Advances. – 2017. – Vol.7; Iss. 21 – P. 12534-12540.
- Jovic V. D. Corrosion Behavior and Passive Film Characteristics Formed on Ti, Ti3SiC2, and Ti4AlN3 in H2SO4 and HCl / V. D. Jovic, M. W. Barsoum. // Journal of The Electrochemical Society. – 2004. – Vol.151; No.2. – P. B71–B76.
- Zhou Y., Sun Z., Chen S. & Zhang Y. (1998). In-situ Hot Pressing/Solid-Liquid Reaction Synthesis of Dense Titanium Silicon Carbide Bulk Ceramics // Materials Research Innovations. – 1998. – Vol. 2; No.3. – Р.142–146.
- Shein A.V., Pavroznyk V.S., Rokytyanskaya I.L. Silicides of Transition Metals - Promising Corrosion-Resistant Electrode Materials // 18th Mendeleev Congress on General and Applied Chemistry. Moscow. – September 23-28, 2007. Abstracts of reports. T. 2. Chemistry of metals, nanostructures and nanotechnology. - M.: Granitsa. - 2007. - P. 616.
- Boltovets N.S., Ivanov V.N., Konakova R.V. SiC Schottky- Barrier Diodes Formed with TiB(x) and ZrB(x) Amorphous Layers / N.S. Boltovets, V.N Ivanov, R.V. Konakova and all. // Semicond. Phis., Quantum Electron and Optoelectron. – 2004. – 7. 1. – P. 60–62.
- Danylovich D.P., Kayumov R.A., Mukhamedova I.Z. High-Temperature Properties of Ceramics Based on Titanium Diboride and Silicon and Boron Carbides / D. P. Danylovich, R. A. Kayumov, I. Z. Mukhamedova. // Bulletin of the Kazan Technological University. – 2014. – Vol. 17 No. 9. – P. 28–30.
- Chirkin A.D., Lavrenko V.A., Talash V.N., Panasyuk A.D. Formation of Oxide Nanofilms on The Surface of Titanium, Molybdenum, and Tungsten Disilicides During Anodic Polarization // Dop. NAS of Ukraine. – 2006. – No. 12. – P. 96–101.