On the example of a powder based on mullite, the process of obtaining highly porous ceramic filter materials using porous shells on removable spherical carriers was tested, including the deposition of thin shell coatings from powder based on mullite on spherical granules of expanded polystyrene, pressing the mixture in the form of evenly distributed in the powder of the same composition ( matrix) and sintering. It’s shown that the resulting material is characterized by a good complex of filtering properties and a developed biporous structure.
- A. Leonov, O. Smorygo, V. Sheleg, Highly porous permeable ceramic foam, Minsk, “A.V. Lykov ITMO" NASB (1995).
- A. Marukovich, A. Leonov, O. Smorygo, Highly porous material based on mullite corundum for filtering steel melt, Republ. Sat. Powder metallurgy, Issue 31, pp. 209–213 (2008).
- H. Geng, Fabrication and compression properties of closed cell alumina ceramics by bonding hollow spheres of alumina with a high temperature binder, Ceramics International (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j. ceramint.2016.07.11.
- X. Xia et al., Fabrication and characterization of magnesium-based closed-cell composite foams, Materials and design, No. 74, pp. 36–43 (2015)
- Jing Hu, Ming Chen, Xiaosheng Fang, Liming Wu, Fabrication and Applications of Inorganic Hollow Spheres / Reviews of the Chemical Society, V.40, pp. 5472–5491 (2011).
- A. Vazhnova, O. Smorygo, A. Marukovich, Highly porous material based on a titanium alloy, obtained by compacting composite granules with a pore-forming core, Powder metallurgy, Minsk, Issue 44. pp. 103-110 (2021).
- A. Vazhnova, O. Smorygo, A. Marukovich Study of the compactibility of composite granules with a removable core in the production of highly porous materials based on titanium // New materials and technologies, Minsk, Belaruskaya Navuka, pp. 89 - 93 (2020).
- A. Vazhnova, A. Marukovich, O. Smorygo, Composite granules for the production of highly porous materials based on titanium, Powder metallurgy: surface engineering, new powder composite materials, Welding, Minsk: Belaruskaya Navuka, Part 1, pp. 101 - 107 (2019).