The shrinkage is an inherent characteristic of Portland cement concretes, leading to their volume changes, which potentially create preconditions for the development of different types of cracking – prerequisites for integral decreasing of their durability. The elimination of the negative processes from the development of shrinkage in all its varieties (autogenous, plastic, thermal and carbonization) is based on optimization of complex mix design and technological factors, including the use of innovative chemical products – mainly minimizing and/or compensating the volume changes during setting and hardening of the concrete.
In recent years, new innovative products have entered the world and Bulgarian practice aimed to compensate the shrinkage by initiating of specific additional hydration interactions. These processes give some attractive possibilities for manageable early age increasing of the concrete volume, leading to partial or complete compensation of the negative effect of later shrinkage.
The report presents full-range complex results for the effective action of a special shrinkage compensating modifier ShCA KEPTONITE on the strength-deformation characteristics of fiber-reinforced concrete for advanced joint-less industrial flooring systems with different purposes, especially for heavy loaded logistic bases.
It is concluded that ShCA KEPTONITE demonstrates very good performance in direction to strongly minimize the final shrinkage of the concrete tested. The different dosage rate of the product is an optimal for Bulgarian cement used for testing.
- Eurocode 2: EN 1992-1-1 Design of concrete structures - Part 1- 1: General rules and rules for buildings
- V. Naidenov, Fiber-reinforced cement-containing composites – properties and effective areas of implementation, Sofia, ISBN 978- 619-90686-0-1 (2016)
- Technical Report No34, Concrete Industrial Ground Floor, A Guide to Design and Construction, 3-rd Edition, ISBN 1 904482 01 5 (2003)
- Technical Report No34, Concrete Industrial Ground Floor, A Guide to Design and Construction, 4-th Edition, ISBN 978-1- 904482-77-2 (2013)
- V. Naidenov, I. Rostovsky, M. Mironova, Innovative hybrid fiber-reinforced cement-containing composites for special applications, Part 1: Principles of fiber-reinforcement and possibilities for optimization, Proc. XII International Scientific Conference „Civil Eengineering, Design and Construction“, Sept. 08-10, Varna, Bulgaria, pp. 47-59 (2022)
- V. Naidenov , I. Rostovsky, M. Mironova, Innovative hybrid fiber-reinforced cement-containing composites for special applications, Part 2: Part 2: Innovative prospects and special applications, Proc. XII International Scientific Conference „Civil Engineering Design and Construction“, Sept. 08-10, Varna, Bulgaria, pp. 60-72 (2022)
- ACI Technical Report 223-10 Standard Practice for Use of Shrinkage-Compensated Concrete (2010)
- ShCA KEPTONITE - Bulgarian Technical Approval (BTO) № 0192/01.03.2021 (2021)
- V. Naidenov, I. Rostovsky, M. Mironova, Hybrid reinforced concrete with controlled volume deformations for hydrotechnical facilities, VII Int. Scientific Congress “Innovations 2022”, Varna, 20-23 June, Bulgaria, ISSN 2603-3771 (Online) ISSN 2603-3763 (Print), pp. 41-45 (2022)
- Naidenov V., M. Mironova, Opportunities for drying shrinkage minimizing in fiber-reinforced concrete overlays for repairing of corroded industrial structures, Materials, Methods & Technologies, ISSN 1314-7269, Volume 14, pp. 32-40 (2020)
- Naidenov V., Shrinkage compensating concrete admixtures – a necessity to start a standardization, XXI International Scientific Symposium “Metrology and Metrology Assurance’ 2021”, 7-11 September, Sozopol, Bulgaria, ISSN 2603-3194, pp. 61-65 (2021)