The paper presents the results of an investigation focused on the analysis of the wear of moulds for high-pressure casting with Al alloy. In order to repair and refurbish the mould parts of moulds for high-pressure casting of aluminium alloys, samples of experimental welds were prepared on the base material of grade 1.2343 (Dievar) of dimensions 150x130x30 mm refined to the hardness value of 44-48 HRC. A TruDisk 4002 solid-state disk laser with BEO D70 focusing optics was used for surfacing. Mat.No.1.2343 (Dievar), Mat.No.1.6356 (Dratec) and Mat.No.1.6356 (UTPA 702 and NIFIL NiCu7/Dievar) wires were used as additional material. Light microscopy technique was used to inspect the microstructures on the cross-sections of the welds. Microhardness measurements were performed with a Vickers indenter at a load of 500 g and a mutual indentation distance of 0.4 mm between the indenter impressions.
- M. Sadeghian, M. Shamanian, A. Shafyei:. Materials & Design 60 (2014), pp. 678-684.
- L. Binglin, J. Y. Richard Liew, A. L. Hoang: Engineering Structures 200 (2019), pp. 256-263.
- A. Behera: Materials Today: Proceedings (2020), pp. 1-5.
- C. Zhu, J. Cheon, X. Tang, S. Na, F. Lu, H. Cui Effect of swing arc on molten pool behaviors in narrow-gap GMAW of 5083 Al-alloy J. Mater. Process. Technol., 259 (2018), pp. 243-258
- D. Chen, M. Chen, C. Wu Effects of phase difference on the behavior of arc and weld pool in tandem P-GMAW J. Mater. Process. Technol., 225 (2015), pp. 45-55
- K. Wu, T. Yin, N. Ding, M. Zeng, Z. Liang Effect of phase on the behavior of metal transfer in double-wire pulsed GMAW Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., 97 (2018), pp. 3777-3789
- K. Wu, N. Ding, T. Yin, M. Zeng, Z. Liang Effects of single and double pulses on microstructure and mechanical properties of weld joints during high-power double-wire GMAW J. Manuf. Process., 35 (2018), pp. 728-734
- J. Chen, Y. Zhang, C. Wu, G. Padhy Suppression of undercut defects in high-speed GMAW through a compound magnetic field J. Mater. Process. Technol., 274 (2019), p. 116288