The article presents the results of investigations of tribotechnical properties of powder composite materials based on the ironhigh-carbon (ФХ800) ferrochrome system during dry friction with ШХ15 steel at various loads of 30, 60, and 100 N. It was found that an increase of the load from 30 to 100 N leads to an increase in the coefficient of friction from 0,45 to 0,5 (for 25% ФХ800) and from 0,40 to 0,46 (for 40% ФХ800). At the same time, the mass wear of samples made of powder materials decreases with an increase in ФХ800 content from 25 to 40 (wt. %) and with growth of the load from 30 to 100 N, respectively, from 3,5 – 8,0 to 0,75 – 1,6 mg/km., which provides wear resistance improvement (km/mm) by 2,8 – 2,2 times. X-ray phase full profile analysis using the Rietveld method established that there are 2 phases: metallic α-Fe (79,68%) and carbide Me7C3 (20,32%) in the composite Fe – 25%ФХ800 and 3 phases: α-Fe (69,5%), γ-Fe (3,96%) and carbide Me7C3 (26,57%) in the Fe – 40% ФХ800 composite. Topographic studies of 2D profiles of worn surfaces of composites after friction under different loads were conducted. The results of optical profilometry show that the main mechanism of destruction of the powder composite surface during dry friction with ШХ15 steel is adhesive wear (seizing) of the contacting surfaces.
- Baglyuk G.A., Poznyak L. A. Powder metallurgy wear-resistant materials based on iron. Part 1. Materials prepared by sintering and infiltration. Powder Metall. Met. Ceram., 40, No. 1–2, 34–39 (2001).
- Parashivamurthy K.I., Kumar R.K., Seetharamu S., Chandrasekharaiah M.N. Review on TiC reinforced steel composites. Journal of Materials Science, 36, 4519–4530 (2001).
- Razavi M., Yaghmaee M. S., Rahimipour M. R. et al. The effect of production method on properties of Fe–TiC composite. International Journal of Mineral Processing. 94, 97–100 (2010).
- Baglyuk G.A., Martyukhin I.D., Pavligo, T.M. et al. Structural features of hot-forged carbide steel (high-speed steel– titanium carbide). Powder Metall Met Ceram. 48, 34–37 (2009).
- Brown, I.W.M., Owers, W.R. Fabrication, microstructure and properties of Fe–TiC ceramic–metal composites. Current Applied Physics, 4, 4, 171–174. (2004).
- Deshpande M.V., Deshpande M.V., Saxena J.P., Basu S., Sebardt W. Tougher cemented carbide material with iron-rich binder for steel turning and form-grooving. International Journal of Refractory Metals & Hard Materials, 15, 157-162 (1997).
- Straumal, B.B. Konyashin, I. WC-Based Cemented Carbides with High Entropy Alloyed Binders: A Review. Metals, 13, 171- 188, (2023).
- Zhong L.S., Xu Y.H., Hojamberdiev M., Wang J.B., Wang J. In situ fabrication of carbide particulates-reinforced iron matrix composites. Materials & Design. 32, 3790-3795 (2011).
- Pittari J. J., Murdoch H. A., Kilczewski S. M., Hornbuckle B. C., Swab J. J., Darling K. A., Wright J. C. Sintering of tungsten carbide cermets with an iron-based ternary alloy binder: Processing and thermodynamic considerations. International Journal of Refractory Metals & Hard Materials, 76, 1–11 (2018).
- Martins I.M., Oliveira M., Carvalhinhos H. Wear Resistant High Speed Steel Matrix Composites. Advances in Powder Metallurgy & Particulate Materials. - Princeton, N.J. l (6), 213÷218 (1992).
- Schubert W.D., Fugger M., Wittmann B., Useldinger R. Aspects of sintering of cemented carbides with Fe-based binders. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials. 49, 110-123 (2015).
- Maslyuk V. A., Napara-Volgina S. G. Wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant carbide-steel-type materials having different matrices. Powder Metall. Met. Ceram., 38, No. 9–10, 521–525 (1999).
- Maslyuk V. A., Napara-Volgina S. G. Kud’ V. K. Sintered composites based on stainless steel. Powder Metall. Met. Ceram., 39, No. 11–12, 549–553 (2000).
- Maslyuk, V.A. Tungsten-Free Hardmetals and Carbide Steels with Chromium Carbides. Powder Metall Met Ceram 53, 162–169 (2014).
- Yakovenko, R.V., Maslyuk, V.A., Mamonova, A.A. et al. Interaction of Chromium Carbide with a Kh13M2 Steel Matrix. Powder Metall. Met Ceram. 52, 644–650 (2014).
- Kyryliuk E., Bagliuk G., Maslyuk V., Bondar A. Structure and properties of chromium carbide reinforced steel matrix composites produced from powder iron-ferrochrome mixtures. Machines. Technologies. Materials. VII, No. 1, 3-5 (2021).
- Kyryliuk Ye., Bagliuk G., Mamonova A., Maslyuk V. Synthesis of Fe-Based Alloy Reinforced with Chromium Carbide Via Sintering of Iron-Ferrochrome Powder Mixture. Powder Metallurgy Progress. 21 (1), 18-26 (2021).
- ISO 4498-1-:1990. Sintered metal materials, excluding hardmetals – determination of apparent hardness. Part 1: Materials of essentially uniform section hardness. Ed. 1990-08-2. ISO, 1990.
- ISO 3327:2009. Hardmetals – Determination of transverse rupture strength. Ed. 2009-05-15. ISO, 2009.