Physical and luminescent properties of glasses in the system WO3-La2O3-B2O3-Nb2O5
- 1 Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria.
New multicomponent glasses in the system WO3-La2O3-B2O3-Nb2O5 doped with Eu3+, as a transparent active media for optical application were obtained. Physical parameters as density, molar volume, oxygen molar volume and oxygen packing density were determined. The thermal behavior of the obtained glasses was examined by differential thermal analysis (DTA). It was established that glass crystallization temperature is about 750oC. Microstructural characterization was made by Raman and UV-VIS spectroscopies. Based on the obtained spectral data short-range order and connectivity in glass network were determined. High photoluminescence emissions due to the 4f transitions 5D0→7Fj (j=0-4) of Eu3+ ions were observed. Colorless bulk tungstate glass, containing Nb2O5 with high transparency and high refractive index were prepared.
- Suehara S., K. Yamamoto, S. Inoue, A. Nukui, Bonding nature in tellurite glasses. - Phys. Rev. B, 51, 1995, 14919-14922.
- Narayanan R. A., J. W. Zwanziger, The glass forming ability of tellurites: A rigid polytope approach. - J. NonCryst. Solids, 316, 2003, 273-280.
- Kosuge T., Y. Benino, V. Dimitrov, R. Sato, T. Komatsu, Thermal stability and heat capacity changes at the glass transition in K2O–WO3–TeO2 glasses. - J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 242, 1998, 154 - 164.
- Aleksandrov L., T. Komatsu, R. Iordanova , Y. Dimitriev. Raman spectroscopic study of structure of WO3-La2O3-B2O3 glasses with no color and crystallization of LaBWO6, - Opt. Mater., 34, 2011, 201–206.
- Aleksandrov L., R. Iordanova, Y. Dimitriev, N. Georgiev, T. Komatsu, Eu3+ doped 1La2O3:2WO3:1B2O3 glass and glass–ceramic. – Opt. Mater., 36, 2014, 1366–1372.
- Aleksandrov L., T. Komatsu, K. Shinozaki, T. Honma, R. Iordanova, Structure of MoO3–WO3–La2O3–B2O3 glasses and crystallization of LaMo1 − xWxBO6 solid solutions. - J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 429, 2015, 171-177.
- Nisa K., E. Ahmad, M. A. Chaudry, Niobium doped BGO glasses: Physical, Thermal and Optical Properties, - J. Appl. Phys., 3 (5), 2016, 80-87.
- Ray N. H., Composition-properties relationship in Inorganic Oxide Glasses, - J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 15, 1974, 423-434.
- Kawaguchi K., T. Yamaguchi, T. Omata, T. Yamashita, H. Kawazoe, J. Nishi, Phase separation and crystallization in sodium lanthanum phosphate glasses induced by electrochemical substitution of sodium ions with protons, - Phys. Chem. Chem Phys., 1-3, 2015, 1-7.
- Swapna, G. Upender, M. Prasad, Raman, FTIR, thermal and optical properties of TeO2-Nb2O5-B2O3-V2O5 quaternary glass system, - Journal of Taiban University for Science, 11, 2017, 583-592.
- Saddeek Y., M. Azooz, A. Saddek, Ultrasonic investigations of some bismuth borate glasses doped with Al2O3 , - Bull. Mater. Sci., 38, (1), 2015, 241–246.
- Saddeek Y., Effject of B2O3 on the structure and properties of tungsten-tellurite glassesm, - Philos. Mag., 89 (1), 2009, 41-54.
- Zhu L., T. F. Xu, Q, H. Nie, X. Shen, Spectral properties and thermal stability of erbium TeO2-WO3-La2O3 glass, - J. Inorg. Mater., 21, 2006, 351-356.
- Kaur N., A. Khanna, M. Gónzález-Barriuso, F. González, B. Chen, Effects of Al3+, W6+, Nb5+ and Pb2+ on the structure and properties of borotellurite glasses, - J. NonCryst. Solids, 429, 2015, 153-163.
- Kaur A., A. Khanna, M. González-Barriuso, F. González, B. Chen, Short-range structure and thermal properties of alumino-tellurite glasses, - J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 470, 2017, 14-18.
- Cottrell T. L, The Strength of Chemical bonds 2d ed., Butterworth, London, 1958.
- Hamad A. H., M. A. Marzouk, H. A. ElBatal, The Effect of Bi2O3 on Optical, FTIR and Thermal Properties of SrO-B2O3 glasses, - Silicon, 8, 2016, 121-131.
- El-Zaidia M. M., A. A. Ammar, R. A. El-Mallawany, - Infra‐ Red Spectra, Electron Spin Resonance Spectra, and Density of (TeO2)100−x – (WO3)x and (TeO2)100−x–(ZnCl2)x Glasses, - Phys. Stat. Sol., A, 91, 1985, 637-642.
- Soliman A. A., I. Kashif, Copper oxide content dependence of crystallization behavior, glass forming ability, glass stability and fragility of lithium borate glasses, Phys. B, 405, 2010, 247-253.
- Petit L., T. Cardinal,, J.J. Videau, Y. Guyot, G. Boulon, M. Couzi, T. Buffeteau, Erbium luminescence properties of niobium-rich oxide glasses, - J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 351, 2005, 2076–2084.
- Jehng Jih-Mirn and Israel E. Wachs, Structural Chemistry and Raman Spectra of Niobium Oxides. - Chem. Mater. ,3, 1991, 100-107.
- Aronne A., V. N. Sigaev, B. Champagnon, E. Fanelli, V. Califano, L. Z. Usmanova, P. Pernice, The origin of nanostructuring in potassium niobiosilicate glasses by Raman and FTIR spectroscopy, - J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 351, 2005, 3610–3618.
- Fukumi K., Sumio Sakka Coordination state of Nb5+ ions in silicate and gallate glasses as studied by Raman spectroscopy, J. Mater. Sci., 23, 1988, 2819 – 2823.
- Kamalaker V., G. Upender, Ch. Ramesh, V. Chandra Mouli, Raman spectroscopy, thermal and optical properties of TeO2-ZnO-Nb2O5-Nd2O3 glasses, - Spectrochim Acta Part A, 89, 2012, 149-154.
- Villegas M. A., J. M. Fernandez Navarro, Physical and structural properties of glasses in the TeO2–TiO2–Nb2O5 system, - J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 27, 2007, 2715-2723.
- Masuno A, H. Inoue, K. Yoshimoto, Y. Watanabe, Thermal and optical properties of La2O3-Nb2O5 high refractive index glasses, - Opt. Mater. Express, 4, 2014, 710-717.
- H. Lin, W. Qin, J. Zhang, C. Wu, A study of the luminescence properties of Eu3+-doped borate crystal and glass, Solid State Commun., 141, 2007, 436–439.