Research during remote learning
- 1 Secondary School of Economics and Business Koper, the Slovene Republic
The article depicts the case of making a research paper of students, aged 15-16. In the research paper made during the remote learning period, the students were investigating natural acid-base indicators. They used various plant materials (vegetables, fruits, flowers) that they found in their kitchen at home and prepared dye extracts, which they used as indicators. The colouring of individual indicator was then verified in acidic and basic solution, also made at home. They found out that various plant extracts can be used as natu ral acid-base indicators, e.g. an extract from the pomegranate fruit, blueberries, raspberries, rosehips, plums and poinsettia flowers
- Boh B., Cvirn T., Ferk V., Barvila in naravna barvila: Učbenik za izbirne vsebine za devetletne osnovne šole in gimnazije ter strokovne šole, Ljubljana, tehniška založba Slovenije. (2000)
- Čeh B., Dolenc D., Snovi, okolje, prehrana: Učbenik za kemijo v srednjih strokovnih šolah, Ljubljana, DZS. (2010).
- Lazarini F., Brenčič J., Splošna in anorganska kemija, Visokošolski učbenik, Ljubljana, DZS. (2004)
- Litmus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litmus (accessed 13.3.2021)
- Methyl orange. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_orange (accessed 13,3,2021)
- Phenolphthalein. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenolphthalein (accessed 13.3.2021)
- Horvat M., Iskra J., Invazivna tujerodna rastlina octovec – naravni pH, Kemija v šoli in družbi, 1. (2020)
- Khoo H. E., Azlan A., Tang S. T., Lim S. M., Anthocyanidins and anthocyanins: colored pigments as food, pharmaceutical ingredients, and the potential health benefits, Food Nutr Res, 61(1). (2017). 1361779-1361779.
- Kadunc P,. Dolenc D., Antocianini Rdeča in vijolična barvila v sadju, zelenjavi in cvetju, Kemija v šoli in družb i, 1.(2007).